Feb 9, 2015, 7:54 AM EST
He’ll be a player-manager for a Japanese independent team.
Feb 9, 2015, 2:12 AM EST
The Padres have reportedly signed starter James Shields to a four-year deal in the $72-76 million range.
Feb 8, 2015, 11:25 PM EST
Jose Fernandez, recovering from Tommy John surgery, could find himself back in the Marlins’ rotation by mid-June.
Feb 8, 2015, 10:30 PM EST
Despite losing Jeff Samardzija, Jon Lester, and Jason Hammel, the Athletics do not have a deficit of starting pitching, and they figure to get two more back from the disabled list in June.
Feb 8, 2015, 9:35 PM EST
Sean Doolittle has a “slight” tear of his rotator cuff, but isn’t expected to miss much time in April.
Feb 8, 2015, 8:39 PM EST
The Padres have reportedly made a four-year offer to James Shields believed to be between $72-80 million. Shields is expected to make a decision soon.
Feb 8, 2015, 7:51 PM EST
The Marlins and reliever Mike Dunn agreed on a two-year deal Sunday, avoiding arbitration.
Feb 8, 2015, 6:05 PM EST
Danny Espinosa will bat right-handed exclusively in 2015.
Feb 8, 2015, 4:25 PM EST
It appears the Marlins are going to lose out on James Shields despite making a strong effort to sign the free agent starter. Now the club’s focus looks to be shifting to a different type of late-offseason addition.
Feb 8, 2015, 2:09 PM EST
According to Jon Heyman of CBS Sports, the Reds have signed third baseman Todd Frazier to a two-year, $12 million contract. It covers Frazier’s first two years of arbitration-eligibility.
Feb 8, 2015, 12:52 PM EST
New commissioner Rob Manfred said last month that he might consider banning defensive shifts to help boost offensive production, but it didn’t seem like a very well-thought-out suggestion — how would you implement such a ban? — and it doesn’t sound like there’s much support for it in MLB front offices.
Feb 8, 2015, 10:59 AM EST
It’s almost a consensus by now that Shields is going to wind up in San Diego, but there are obviously other teams in the mix or the 33-year-old right-hander would have already signed with the Padres.
Feb 8, 2015, 9:46 AM EST
We’re getting close, people.
Feb 7, 2015, 11:02 PM EST
Kevin Cash plans to offer lineup stability in his first season at the helm of the Rays, a significant change from the way former manager Joe Maddon operated.
Feb 7, 2015, 9:55 PM EST
James Shields said he never turned down a $110 million offer made earlier this off-season. He is expected to sign with a team by Sunday evening.
Feb 7, 2015, 8:45 PM EST
Padres starter Andrew Cashner said he’d “love to stay in San Diego”.
Feb 7, 2015, 7:35 PM EST
Barry Bonds will be back with the Giants in spring training as an instructor, but the organization is discussing giving him a more permanent role.
Feb 7, 2015, 6:25 PM EST
After some consideration, Reds GM Walt Jocketty isn’t sure if Dayan Viciedo is a fit for the club.
Feb 7, 2015, 5:30 PM EST
Former Braves third baseman Chipper Jones issued an apology today for his recent tweet regarding the Sandy Hook tragedy.
Feb 7, 2015, 5:07 PM EST
Is the James Shields saga finally reaching a conclusion?
More Top Posts
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)