Sep 8, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Duffy exited his Saturday start in obvious discomfort after throwing just one pitch.
Sep 8, 2014, 11:05 AM EDT
They apparently came to bury Derek Jeter, not just praise him.
Sep 8, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Pedro Alvarez’s throwing problems caused the Pirates to stop playing him at third base and now a foot injury is keeping him from playing, period.
Sep 8, 2014, 10:40 AM EDT
Buster Olney, once again, offers a solution in search of a problem
Sep 8, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
He’s hoping to come off the concussion disabled list later this week.
Sep 8, 2014, 9:19 AM EDT
Objection! Assumes facts not in evidence!
Sep 8, 2014, 8:46 AM EDT
When you believe that PEDs are the ultimate evil, you lose the ability to judge people on anything close to a reasonable basis.
Sep 8, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
A hobbled Miguel Cabrera could make for a hobbled Tigers offense down the stretch.
Sep 8, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
A third of all of yesterday’s games were shutouts. Three dudes had two-homer games. Happy 2014.
Sep 7, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Brandon Belt has been cleared to resume baseball activities, but the Giants still don’t know if the first baseman will return before the end of the season.
Sep 7, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
Retirement tours aren’t for David Ortiz. The 38-year-old slugger doesn’t plan to drag out his remaining time in the big leagues.
Sep 7, 2014, 9:25 PM EDT
David DeJesus was the recipient of a gift inside-the-park home run thanks to two Orioles outfielders in Sunday’s 11-inning loss.
Sep 7, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
Michael Cuddyer is expected to be activated from the disabled list on Tuesday, and the 35-year-old veteran hopes to finish out the rest of the season healthy.
Sep 7, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Mets pitching prospect Rafael Montero will make a start on Wednesday, but it won’t be a recurring role.
Sep 7, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Gerrit Cole got the win in Sunday’s start against the Cubs. Oh, and he also hit his first major league home run. All in a day’s work.
Sep 7, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Brewers once appeared to be the class of the NL Central, but they fell to third place with a loss against the Cardinals on Sunday afternoon.
Sep 7, 2014, 5:08 PM EDT
Indians right-hander Carlos Carrasco came one out short of his first career shutout on Sunday afternoon in Cleveland, firing 8 2/3 scoreless innings against the visiting White Sox. His run of dominance actually dates back to late April.
Sep 7, 2014, 4:02 PM EDT
Bobby Abreu will get another shot with the Mets after being released by the team in early August.
Sep 7, 2014, 3:16 PM EDT
It’s Derek Jeter Day at Yankee Stadium and the pregame ceremony was pretty spectacular …
Sep 7, 2014, 2:29 PM EDT
Look who showed up at Saturday night’s Michigan vs. Notre Dame football game …
More Top Posts
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)