Jun 10, 2015, 6:54 PM EDT
Papelbon has continued to dominate despite a dip in velocity, boasting a 1.13 ERA, 0.917 WHIP, and 29/6 K/BB ratio in 24 innings this season.
Jun 10, 2015, 6:11 PM EDT
O’Dowd tested positive for “testosterone metabolites of exogenous origin, a performance-enhancing substance,” per a press release from the MLB commissioner’s office.
Jun 10, 2015, 4:58 PM EDT
Dellin Betances will step into the closer role.
Jun 10, 2015, 4:06 PM EDT
Maybe they didn’t need a closer after all.
Jun 10, 2015, 3:40 PM EDT
Jun 10, 2015, 3:26 PM EDT
Gyorko signed a six-year, $35 million contract with the Padres last April.
Jun 10, 2015, 3:03 PM EDT
AL home run leader takes a day off.
Jun 10, 2015, 2:12 PM EDT
Gannon University pitcher/infielder Aaron Cox.
Jun 10, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Cozart’s left knee twisted when he stepped on first base trying to beat out an infield single.
Jun 10, 2015, 11:01 AM EDT
He missed the first two-plus months of the season with a strained calf muscle.
Jun 10, 2015, 9:50 AM EDT
Prior to being shut down after just two starts last season Moore had emerged as one of the best young pitchers in baseball.
Jun 10, 2015, 9:10 AM EDT
Parnell hasn’t pitched since Opening Day of last season and his comeback from Tommy John elbow surgery has been a rocky one.
Jun 10, 2015, 8:45 AM EDT
Cain has been out for nearly a year.
Jun 10, 2015, 8:14 AM EDT
No update on his status planned until Saturday.
Jun 10, 2015, 7:00 AM EDT
Tuesday night belonged to Giants rookie right-hander Chris Heston, who threw the first no-hitter of the 2015 season against the Mets at Citi Field. But how about those Toronto Blue Jays?
Jun 10, 2015, 12:27 AM EDT
An MRI taken Monday night on Brandon Morrow’s throwing shoulder revealed no major structural damage, but the Padres are going to play it safe with the oft-injured starting pitcher …
Jun 9, 2015, 11:40 PM EDT
Astros shortstop prospect Carlos Correa launched his first MLB homer Tuesday night in Chicago …
Jun 9, 2015, 11:18 PM EDT
Rays outfielder Desmond Jennings has been on the disabled list since late April with what was originally termed left knee bursitis. There’s been very little in the way of progress over the last several weeks, so …
Jun 9, 2015, 10:25 PM EDT
Here is the final pitch of Chris Heston’s no-hitter against the Mets Tuesday night at Citi Field …
Jun 9, 2015, 10:12 PM EDT
Chris Heston was a 12th-round pick in 2009 and entered play Tuesday with a 4.35 ERA and 1.38 WHIP in career major league 70 1/3 innings. But throw out all that stuff for now.
More Top Posts
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 35
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)