Oct 29, 2014, 10:19 PM EDT
Giants ace Madison Bumgarner entered Game 7 of the World Series in the bottom of the fifth inning. He allowed a single to the first batter but got out of that threat and set a new MLB record in the process …
Oct 29, 2014, 10:01 PM EDT
Here’s a cool photo from the Associated Press of the well-executed flip from Giants second baseman Joe Panik that started a huge doubleplay in the bottom of the third inning of World Series Game 7 …
Oct 29, 2014, 9:24 PM EDT
Imagine if they had this technology in 1985 …
Oct 29, 2014, 9:06 PM EDT
Royals catcher Salvador Perez was plunked in the left leg — just above his knee — in the bottom of the second inning by Giants starter Tim Hudson and took a long time to make it back to his feet and then down to first base. But he’s back out there behind the plate for the top of the third inning.
Oct 29, 2014, 8:25 PM EDT
This one is about pregnant women.
Oct 29, 2014, 8:05 PM EDT
San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick talked Game 7 of the World Series on Wednesday afternoon …
Oct 29, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
No matter how much excitement unfolds or how much history is made tonight, tomorrow there will be no baseball.
Oct 29, 2014, 7:08 PM EDT
Santana turned down a qualifying offer (worth one year, $14.1 million) last offseason from the Royals and then couldn’t find a multi-year contract to his liking on the open market, so he may consider accepting the thing this time around.
Oct 29, 2014, 6:23 PM EDT
In case you missed this touching tribute before Game 6 of the World Series on Tuesday night …
Oct 29, 2014, 5:34 PM EDT
Maddon leaves Tampa Bay for Chicago.
Oct 29, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Ned Yost says: “Bumgarner is a great starting pitcher. We’ll see what kind of reliever he is.”
Oct 29, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
But it came from “a patriot mindset,” so it’s OK, apparently.
Oct 29, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Expensive buyouts, too.
Oct 29, 2014, 4:02 PM EDT
The quote of the postseason comes from Roger Angell
Oct 29, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Tim Hudson vs. Jeremy Guthrie.
Oct 29, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Padma Lakshmi thinks everyone should play for the Yankees.
Oct 29, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
Cueto was amazing this season, leading the league in strikeouts (242) and innings (244) while posting a 2.25 ERA and holding opponents to a .192 batting average.
Oct 29, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
It’s all hands on deck, as Johnny Wholestaff will take the mound for both teams.
Oct 29, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
And they “could have an answer by Friday.”
Oct 29, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
Game 7s are often letdowns. But sometimes, they’re magical. What will we get tonight?
More Top Posts
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 96
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 18
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (281)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)