Oct 29, 2014, 5:34 PM EDT
Maddon leaves Tampa Bay for Chicago.
Oct 29, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Ned Yost says: “Bumgarner is a great starting pitcher. We’ll see what kind of reliever he is.”
Oct 29, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
But it came from “a patriot mindset,” so it’s OK, apparently.
Oct 29, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Expensive buyouts, too.
Oct 29, 2014, 4:02 PM EDT
The quote of the postseason comes from Roger Angell
Oct 29, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Tim Hudson vs. Jeremy Guthrie.
Oct 29, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Padma Lakshmi thinks everyone should play for the Yankees.
Oct 29, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
Cueto was amazing this season, leading the league in strikeouts (242) and innings (244) while posting a 2.25 ERA and holding opponents to a .192 batting average.
Oct 29, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
It’s all hands on deck, as Johnny Wholestaff will take the mound for both teams.
Oct 29, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
And they “could have an answer by Friday.”
Oct 29, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
Game 7s are often letdowns. But sometimes, they’re magical. What will we get tonight?
Oct 29, 2014, 1:08 PM EDT
“When you’re a little kid in the backyard, you always think of World Series games and hitting home runs to win a Game 7 of the World Series or pitching in a big game,” Hudson said. “I’m no different than anybody else.”
Oct 29, 2014, 12:49 PM EDT
Twins fans may want to look away.
Oct 29, 2014, 12:10 PM EDT
Gambling is bad, of course.
Oct 29, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
Or maybe Chase Headley. Or Aramis Ramirez. But certainly at upgrading third base.
Oct 29, 2014, 11:10 AM EDT
There may not be a more important figure in baseball analysis than Bill James. But there may not be a more misunderstood figure than Bill James either.
Oct 29, 2014, 10:55 AM EDT
Arizona’s current contract is up after next season.
Oct 29, 2014, 10:41 AM EDT
Recent history has definitely favored the home team, which has won each of the past nine Game 7’s.
Oct 29, 2014, 10:20 AM EDT
“Completely unfounded and kind of a shame that someone would write something like that …”
Oct 29, 2014, 10:10 AM EDT
The Giants ordered 50 Z-Man sandwiches on Tuesday afternoon. Breakfast of Champions?
More Top Posts
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 92
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)