May 19, 2015, 8:32 PM EDT
Mariners outfielder Seth Smith hit a leadoff homer in the top of the first inning Tuesday off Orioles starter Miguel Gonzalez. And then he took one away from Adam Jones in the bottom half …
May 19, 2015, 7:44 PM EDT
Myers hadn’t appeared in a game since May 10 and the discomfort in his left wrist obviously wasn’t going away.
May 19, 2015, 7:00 PM EDT
Back in late March, it was reported that the Dodgers had agreed to a six-year, $62.5 million contract with Cuban infielder Hector Olivera and an $8 million minor league contract with right-hander Pablo Fernandez. But because the two are Cuban defectors, it took a little while for all of the parties involved to sort out the necessary paperwork.
May 19, 2015, 6:11 PM EDT
Dickerson has been bothered by the plantar fasciitis for much of the season and he had a bad flareup over the weekend.
May 19, 2015, 5:07 PM EDT
“It’s a mistake that should never happen. I feel terrible about it. It won’t happen again.”
May 19, 2015, 4:17 PM EDT
He was DFA’d last October but has hit well in Indianapolis so far this year.
May 19, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
Among all MLB shortstops since 2000 he ranks fourth in Wins Above Replacement.
May 19, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
Masset was DFA’d by the Marlins three days ago.
May 19, 2015, 2:14 PM EDT
Nieuwenhuis has been a part-time player for the Mets in each of the past four seasons.
May 19, 2015, 1:56 PM EDT
Werth was hit on the wrist by a pitch Friday.
May 19, 2015, 12:50 PM EDT
For a season that, for him, never began.
May 19, 2015, 12:08 PM EDT
Philadelphia’s outfield will be crowded soon.
May 19, 2015, 11:08 AM EDT
The Yankees’ Opening Day starter could be back with the big club by the end of the month.
May 19, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Martinez has hit .216 with one homer and a .578 OPS.
May 19, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
But where will the infielder play?
May 19, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Being called “tightness” for now.
May 19, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
Notable in that, at the time suspensions were announced, someone in authority actually said, in effect, “Hey, don’t throw at guys! You could hurt someone!”
May 19, 2015, 9:40 AM EDT
A depth move for the Mariners.
May 19, 2015, 9:18 AM EDT
May 19, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
He went 0-for-3 with a walk, two runs scored, a nice defensive play and, unfortunately, an error which allowed a run to score.
More Top Posts
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 96
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (132)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)