Aug 19, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT
St. Louis infielder Mark Ellis is headed to the disabled list with a strained oblique muscle, which tends to sideline players for more than the minimum 15 days.
Aug 19, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
McLouth played just 79 games and hit .173 for the Nationals in the first season of a two-year, $10.75 million deal.
Aug 19, 2014, 3:28 PM EDT
McCutchen was having another MVP-caliber season at the time of the injury, ranking among the NL’s top five in batting average (.311), on-base percentage (.411), slugging percentage (.536), and OPS (.947).
Aug 19, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
Cespedes said he almost cried when he found out he was traded. But he wishes everyone the best.
Aug 19, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
The silly NL West wild card race may actually favor the team playing the worst baseball right now.
Aug 19, 2014, 1:03 PM EDT
Before being shut down Cashner had a 2.36 ERA in 12 starts.
Aug 19, 2014, 12:40 PM EDT
A small move for the Indians, but a nice move all the same.
Aug 19, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
“I’m not a 22-year-old single guy anymore. There are a lot of things that play into coming back and your decision.”
Aug 19, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
Other than underachieving, alienating certain players and ordering pitchers to throw at guys, Gibson has been fantastic.
Aug 19, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Baseball wound up the career path of choice for the A’s right-hander, but football will always be in Samardzija’s blood.
Aug 19, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
But I suppose someone — two someones, actually — has to win this ugly thing.
Aug 19, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
“It looked really close to what we normally would see when he’s out there.”
Aug 19, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
For whatever it’s worth, Chapman averaged 99.5 miles per hour with his fastball in Sunday’s walk-fest, topping out at 101.5 mph.
Aug 19, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
Baseball used to be fun, darn it.
Aug 19, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
Joe Jackson had Black Betty. Maybe some slugger will one day have “Lizzie Borden.”
Aug 19, 2014, 8:54 AM EDT
Erik Kratz: the anti-Dock Ellis
Aug 19, 2014, 8:20 AM EDT
A little bit of video to restore a small part of your otherwise shaken faith in humanity on this Tuesday morning.
Aug 19, 2014, 6:42 AM EDT
The Nats win the close ones. They win the not-so-close ones. They win the tame ones. And last night, they won a wild one.
Aug 18, 2014, 11:34 PM EDT
Nick Markakis had himself a mighty fine evening.
Aug 18, 2014, 11:01 PM EDT
The Nationals have won seven straight, including three in a row in walk-off fashion.
More Top Posts
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 236
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (236)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)