Nov 20, 2014, 7:44 AM EST
No one ever asks the billionaire owners of baseball teams questions like that.
Nov 19, 2014, 10:37 PM EST
Jon Heyman of CBS Sports reports that the Marlins have agreed to terms on a minor league contract with infielder Reid Brignac. The deal presumably comes with an invitation to major league spring training.
Nov 19, 2014, 9:22 PM EST
The Marlins have some money to spend, and free agent first baseman Adam LaRoche appears to be among their targets.
Nov 19, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
Sergio Santos had a dreadful 2014 season, posting an 8.57 ERA, 2.19 WHIP, and 29/18 K/BB ratio in 21 innings for the Blue Jays while battling a lingering right forearm issue. He’s a free agent now and will be looking to revitalize his career with any team that will have him.
Nov 19, 2014, 7:08 PM EST
From agent Marc Klingman comes word that Pat Venditte, a switch-pitcher who can throw both left-handed and right-handed, has signed a minor league contract with the Oakland A’s. The deal also carries an invitation to major league spring training.
Nov 19, 2014, 6:14 PM EST
Gordon Edes of ESPN Boston reported Wednesday morning that the Red Sox had made an offer to free agent starter Jon Lester. And now Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe has been clued in on the terms that were presented …
Nov 19, 2014, 5:26 PM EST
He is, however, wrong.
Nov 19, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
There may be a shiny new HDMI cable in Souza’s future.
Nov 19, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Haren exercised his $10 million option for next season to return to the Dodgers.
Nov 19, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Ken Rosenthal doesn’t take what he does too seriously, even if he’s really good at what he does. That’s pretty darn refreshing.
Nov 19, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
Francisco is arbitration eligible and projected to make about $2.2 million in 2015.
Nov 19, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Liriano started 55 games for Pittsburgh with a 3.20 ERA and 338 strikeouts in 323 innings.
Nov 19, 2014, 1:58 PM EST
And the other 10% is the Toronto Blue Jays. So, bye-bye San Francisco.
Nov 19, 2014, 1:36 PM EST
Roger Clemens made a lot of mistakes in late 2007. He’s still paying for them.
Nov 19, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
And, at the moment, Harvey is on board with that.
Nov 19, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
Which, frankly, sounds like a threat.
Nov 19, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Kansas City has already reached out to multiple replacement options.
Nov 19, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
If you think Howard’s on-the-field struggles have been hard, imagine what it has been like off-the-field.
Nov 19, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
He’s projected to make around $4 million in 2015.
Nov 19, 2014, 9:38 AM EST
Tell me about the rabbits, Hunter
More Top Posts
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)