Sep 25, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
In a story that is sure to fly under the radar in the New York media, Mets right-hander Matt Harvey is in attendance for Derek Jeter’s final game at Yankee Stadium tonight.
Sep 25, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Career double No. 544 and almost career home run No. 261.
Sep 25, 2014, 7:32 PM EDT
But it’s probably too little, too late.
Sep 25, 2014, 7:06 PM EDT
Bob Costas shares his thoughts as Derek Jeter wraps up his Hall of Fame career.
Sep 25, 2014, 6:35 PM EDT
Nothing like a little late-season drama in the AL Central.
Sep 25, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Russell Martin left Wednesday’s game with left hamstring tightness, but it won’t end up costing him any time, as he’s in the starting lineup for tonight’s game against the Braves.
Sep 25, 2014, 5:50 PM EDT
Garza is in the first season of a four-year, $50 million contract.
Sep 25, 2014, 5:02 PM EDT
One out and half-a-million bucks.
Sep 25, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
The old man tops the list, but a lot of young stars are right on his heels.
Sep 25, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Willingham can still smack the occasional homer and draw walks, but he has a .212 batting average dating back to last season.
Sep 25, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
They spent five months in first place. Now they’ll be home for October.
Clayton Kershaw-for-MVP tidbit: Plenty of voters didn’t pick Bob Gibson and his 1.12 ERA for MVP in 1968
Sep 25, 2014, 3:49 PM EDT
Not everyone thought 305 innings of a 1.12 ERA equaled MVP.
Sep 25, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
The same Phil Nevin who, in 1992, was drafted ahead of Derek Jeter. I mean, that’s relevant here, right?
Sep 25, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Anthony DiComo has a really weird superpower.
Sep 25, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Watch as Jenna notes how friggin’ old I am. And also look at the Derek Jeter tribute cap someone sent me that looks like Yankee Stadium threw up on it.
Sep 25, 2014, 2:48 PM EDT
Since debuting as a 22-year-old in June of last season Puig has played 249 games and hit .306 with a .387 on-base percentage and .504 slugging percentage.
Sep 25, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
To be their GM. Not to pitch. Although he’ll be an improvement in both roles.
Sep 25, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
And fittingly for the quick-working, soft-tossing southpaw, Wednesday’s game was played in one hour and 59 minutes.
Sep 25, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
“Those are stupid numbers that he’s putting up.”
Sep 25, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Another lesson in not trying to play through a major injury.
More Top Posts
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- David Price dominates Twins as Tigers win AL Central 30
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)