Aug 16, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including a look at the tight AL West race.
Aug 15, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
A weird play happened in the eighth inning of Friday’s Astros-Red Sox game.
Aug 15, 2014, 11:25 PM EDT
Masahiro Tanaka will throw 25 fastballs in a bullpen session on Saturday as the Yankees attempt to get him back into pitching shape for a late-September return.
Aug 15, 2014, 10:55 PM EDT
The Rays accomplished something only three other teams have done in baseball history with Friday’s shutout win against the Yankees.
Aug 15, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
Hyun-Jin Ryu has landed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained glute, which means Kevin Correia will start on Sunday.
Aug 15, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
The Miguel Cabrera bobbleheads given away to fans on Friday night contained a rather large error.
Aug 15, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
Rangers manager Ron Washington thinks ace Yu Darvish will return on August 25. Darvish was recently placed on the disabled list with a right elbow injury.
Aug 15, 2014, 8:10 PM EDT
The Brewers will be without Tyler Thornburg and Jim Henderson for the rest of the season due to elbow and shoulder injuries, respectively.
Aug 15, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
After taking more than a month off to recuperate from an elbow injury, Ricky Nolasco will return to the Twins’ rotation for tonight’s game against the Royals.
Aug 15, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
If you haven’t been paying attention to Mo’Ne Davis in the Little League World Series, she gave you a big reason with her performance against Nashville on Friday.
Aug 15, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Dodgers added yet more pitching depth, acquiring Justin Germano from the Rangers.
Aug 15, 2014, 5:31 PM EDT
Shane Robinson over Oscar Taveras?
Aug 15, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Fried was the No. 7 overall pick in the 2012 draft out of high school and ranked among Baseball America’s top 100 prospects heading into both last season and this season.
Aug 15, 2014, 3:37 PM EDT
It didn’t help the Bambino, but it may have played some role in helping cancer patients who came after him.
Aug 15, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Bourn missed six weeks this time around and has struggled with hamstring injuries since last season.
Aug 15, 2014, 2:58 PM EDT
Joe Posnanski ranks all 30 MLB ballparks. Spoiler alert: Wrigley Field is No. 1.
Aug 15, 2014, 2:46 PM EDT
There are so many great ballparks in baseball right now, but Wrigley more than any of them – more even than Fenway Park, I think, though that’s a great debate – is the one that clings hardest to the past.
Aug 15, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
Encarnacion was having a monster season before the injury, hitting .277 with 26 homers and a league-high .979 OPS in 88 games.
Aug 15, 2014, 2:19 PM EDT
Next year every ballpark will have them.
Aug 15, 2014, 1:11 PM EDT
Never pass up a chance to use the Smug Bud pic. Never.
More Top Posts
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 44
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 71
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (71)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (70)