Oct 15, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
They swept the 98-win Angels and they swept the 96-win Orioles.
Oct 15, 2014, 6:21 PM EDT
Yadier Molina has remained on the Cardinals’ postseason roster despite suffering a strained left oblique in Game 2 of the NLCS — an injury that often takes over three weeks to recover from. But it doesn’t sound like we’ll be seeing him in St. Louis’ starting lineup for the remainder of this series.
Oct 15, 2014, 5:47 PM EDT
Yankees looking for Kevin Long’s replacement.
Oct 15, 2014, 4:35 PM EDT
Ned Yost always bunts. Ned Yost always wins.
Oct 15, 2014, 4:33 PM EDT
Shelby Miller vs. Ryan Vogelsong.
Oct 15, 2014, 3:46 PM EDT
And, as usual, Pedro Martinez gets to the nut of a controversy.
Oct 15, 2014, 3:03 PM EDT
Things are as clear as mud in Atlanta.
Oct 15, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
No one was counting on Baltimore sweeping and then getting swept.
Oct 15, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Would you be willing to beat $15.3 million plus a draft pick for a 35-year-old Nelson Cruz next year?
Oct 15, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Miguel Gonzalez vs. Jason Vargas.
Oct 15, 2014, 12:44 PM EDT
You’re a good sport, Mr. Eckstein.
Oct 15, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
No, it wasn’t Jeremy Guthrie’s. This one is even better
Oct 15, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
How about a mere 23? I think we could definitely handle a 23-game World Series.
Oct 15, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Defense has been the name of the game for Kansas City.
Oct 15, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Sadly, he apologized. People just don’t taunt like they used to, man.
Oct 15, 2014, 9:59 AM EDT
We have a new longform site. At least that’s what all the cool kids call it these days. We just call it great, substantial writing.
Oct 15, 2014, 9:35 AM EDT
It would appear this clears the way for either John Coppolella or Dayton Moore to become the next Braves GM. Though why Moore would even want the job is an open question.
Oct 15, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
What we will probably talk about when and if we talk about the Kansas City Royals as 2014 World Series champs.
Oct 15, 2014, 7:17 AM EDT
For the Orioles, it’ll take a miracle. Meanwhile the Giants seek to take control.
Oct 15, 2014, 12:38 AM EDT
Four-game winning streaks happen all of the time, right?
More Top Posts
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)