Aug 15, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Bourn missed six weeks this time around and has struggled with hamstring injuries since last season.
Aug 15, 2014, 2:58 PM EDT
Joe Posnanski ranks all 30 MLB ballparks. Spoiler alert: Wrigley Field is No. 1.
Aug 15, 2014, 2:46 PM EDT
There are so many great ballparks in baseball right now, but Wrigley more than any of them – more even than Fenway Park, I think, though that’s a great debate – is the one that clings hardest to the past.
Aug 15, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
Encarnacion was having a monster season before the injury, hitting .277 with 26 homers and a league-high .979 OPS in 88 games.
Aug 15, 2014, 2:19 PM EDT
Next year every ballpark will have them.
Aug 15, 2014, 1:11 PM EDT
Never pass up a chance to use the Smug Bud pic. Never.
Aug 15, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Johnson got released by the A’s after posting a 7.14 ERA in 38 appearances.
Aug 15, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
Jackson cracked Baseball America’s top-100 prospects list in 2010, 2011, and 2012–ranking 35th overall in the final year–and made his MLB debut as a 23-year-old in 2012.
Aug 15, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Buxton collided full-speed with the right fielder while trying to make a diving catch and was unconscious for several minutes before being taken by ambulance to a hospital.
Aug 15, 2014, 11:07 AM EDT
Wait, why is Mickey Mantle’s pic on a post about underrated players?
Aug 15, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Between Double-A and Triple-A the 22-year-old third baseman is now hitting .336 with 40 homers, 33 doubles, 74 walks, 15 steals, and a 1.126 OPS in 122 games.
Aug 15, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Carlos Gonzalez will join teammate Troy Tulowitzki on the sidelines for the remainder of the year.
Aug 15, 2014, 9:48 AM EDT
That’s the opener to Murray Chass’ excellent analysis of yesterday’s commissioner vote. An analysis which should be the blueprint for how one approaches issues relating to baseball’s owners and the game’s governance.
Aug 15, 2014, 9:24 AM EDT
Why Derek Jeter deserves to play in October during his final season when most greats don’t is beyond me.
Aug 15, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
Who wants to, right? Well, it’s a round-number anniversary, so we’re obligated by law to do so.
Aug 15, 2014, 8:11 AM EDT
Bud Selig got his man. And in doing so, he has ensured his legacy.
Aug 15, 2014, 7:05 AM EDT
Striking out 14 guys and/or scoring seven runs: strongly correlated with winning games.
Aug 14, 2014, 11:40 PM EDT
When Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina underwent surgery to repair a torn ligament in his right thumb on July 11, it was estimated that he would miss 8-12 weeks. He already appears to be ahead of schedule.
Aug 14, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
The Orioles already weren’t expecting Dylan Bundy to contribute at the major league level this season, but now the focus may officially shift to 2015.
Aug 14, 2014, 9:14 PM EDT
Rangers right-hander Yu Darvish was placed on the disabled list yesterday with right elbow inflammation, but the good news is that it’s not considered serious.
More Top Posts
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)