Jan 20, 2015, 6:07 PM EST
Germen was designated for assignment by the Yankees on January 13 to open up a 40-man roster spot for reliever Chris Martin, who was acquired off waivers from the Rockies.
Jan 20, 2015, 4:29 PM EST
Lee MacPhail built a mini-dynasty in Baltimore and helped the Yankees recover from the crumbling of their own dynasty.
Max Scherzer might bump him from Nationals’ rotation, but Tanner Roark is saying all the right things
Jan 20, 2015, 3:22 PM EST
Roark was fantastic in 2014, throwing 199 innings with a 2.85 ERA to give him a 2.57 ERA in 252 career innings as a big leaguer.
Jan 20, 2015, 3:15 PM EST
He’ll cost little so he’s pretty low-risk.
Jan 20, 2015, 2:33 PM EST
This man should live someplace crazier than a McMansion in Sherman Oaks.
Jan 20, 2015, 1:38 PM EST
Monday the Astros traded center fielder Dexter Fowler to the Cubs.
Jan 20, 2015, 1:00 PM EST
The Giants did the same thing over the weekend.
Jan 20, 2015, 12:30 PM EST
Be it in Kansas City or New York.
Jan 20, 2015, 11:50 AM EST
He was cut to make room for the arrival of Jung-ho Kang.
Jan 20, 2015, 11:32 AM EST
Some are trying.
Jan 20, 2015, 11:03 AM EST
The lefty has lost 15 pounds
Jan 20, 2015, 10:30 AM EST
I’ve got the same combination on my luggage!
Jan 20, 2015, 10:20 AM EST
Gallardo grew up in Texas and indicated Monday that he’d be open to a long-term deal.
Jan 20, 2015, 9:40 AM EST
At least their owner did.
Jan 20, 2015, 9:10 AM EST
Before 1963, no one watching sports would say “hold on, let’s see that again.”
Jan 20, 2015, 8:28 AM EST
They Yankees have won four World Series and a boatload of wins on his watch. But how much of that success is attributable to Brian Cashman?
Major League Baseball puts Fred Wilpon in charge of its finance committee. No, really. I’m not joking.
Jan 20, 2015, 7:38 AM EST
If you think Fred Wilpon’s teflon status with Major League Baseball is over now that his friend Bud Selig is no longer in charge, think again.
Jan 19, 2015, 11:47 PM EST
After acquiring Evan Gattis from the Braves last week and swapping Dexter Fowler to the Cubs today for Luis Valbuena and Dan Straily, the Astros might have another move up their sleeve soon.
Jan 19, 2015, 11:02 PM EST
The Mets will now have one of the “top 10 largest displays in professional baseball.” Who needs a shortstop?
Jan 19, 2015, 9:58 PM EST
Herrera, who turns 34 in April, appeared in 20 games with the Angels last season and posted a 2.70 ERA and 13/9 K/BB ratio over 16 2/3 innings.
More Top Posts
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 81
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 50
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (81)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (77)