Jun 24, 2015, 6:32 PM EDT
Gutierrez didn’t play any sort of MLB-affiliated ball in 2014 after being diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis, a type of arthritis that primarily affects the spine and causes problems in many other joints. And he averaged just 58 games between 2011-2013 due to a variety of injuries.
Jun 24, 2015, 5:40 PM EDT
I’d call it “Jeter-like,” but it’s better than anything I’ve seen Jeter do.
Jun 24, 2015, 5:18 PM EDT
Out for the past month with a calf injury.
Jun 24, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
OK, that’s putting it strongly. But it wasn’t the sort of day Hamels-coveters in the Bronx expected to see.
Jun 24, 2015, 4:16 PM EDT
Things haven’t gone according to plan for Appel.
Jun 24, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
Kansas City’s injury wrecked rotation just got a little healthier.
Jun 24, 2015, 3:31 PM EDT
It came on a close call but, ultimately, the correct call.
Jun 24, 2015, 2:19 PM EDT
That and all kinds of Yasiel Puig stories are featured in a new book about the Dodgers from Molly Knight.
Jun 24, 2015, 1:37 PM EDT
The recommended slot value for the No. 2 pick is $7.4 million.
Jun 24, 2015, 12:57 PM EDT
Meanwhile, his dad went running for cover.
Jun 24, 2015, 12:53 PM EDT
Paxton has been on the disabled list since late May with a strained middle finger.
Jun 24, 2015, 11:02 AM EDT
He’ll be in a cast for two weeks.
Jun 24, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Jun 24, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
Some runs, some runs, his kingdom for some runs.
Jun 24, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Utley has hit .179 in 65 games this season.
Jun 24, 2015, 9:56 AM EDT
He’s “the anti-Bartman”
Jun 24, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
The Royals have gotten fewer innings from their starters than any team in baseball.
Jun 24, 2015, 9:08 AM EDT
Or, at the very least, their seventh inning lead.
Jun 24, 2015, 8:32 AM EDT
How to win friends and influence kinda obnoxious young kids.
Jun 24, 2015, 7:20 AM EDT
The kid does it again: Maikel Franco with five RBI against the Yankees.
More Top Posts
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)