Dec 15, 2014, 6:21 PM EST
Nix was set to sign with the Astros for $1.5 million this summer, but the deal was scrapped after the club failed to sign No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken.
Dec 15, 2014, 5:23 PM EST
Anderson was once among the best young left-handers in baseball, but he hasn’t topped 100 innings in a season since 2010.
Dec 15, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Markakis’ “fusion surgery” carries with it an expected eight-week recovery timetable.
Dec 15, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
Are you experienced?
Dec 15, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Atlanta will also have a fifth-year team option built into the contract.
Dec 15, 2014, 3:22 PM EST
The Astros have a new shortstop.
Dec 15, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
“Everybody, this is Jon. Jon, this is, well, everybody.”
Dec 15, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Germen spent parts of the past two seasons in the Mets’ bullpen, posting a combined 4.31 ERA with 64 strikeouts in 65 innings.
Dec 15, 2014, 1:43 PM EST
Blanks was once a top prospect in the Padres’ farm system.
Dec 15, 2014, 1:34 PM EST
It doesn’t have to be kitschy or retro. But the Padres need to embrace their identity.
Dec 15, 2014, 12:45 PM EST
Haren is under contract for $10 million in 2015, which the Dodgers essentially paid the Marlins to take whether he retires or not.
Dec 15, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
Fujikawa is 34 years old and still needs to prove that he’s fully recovered from Tommy John elbow surgery.
Dec 15, 2014, 11:43 AM EST
Don’t let baseball insiders tell you the rumors game is a waste of your time.
Dec 15, 2014, 10:55 AM EST
The Yankees get — well, keep — their man.
Dec 15, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
“Everyone thinks you just go over to first base and kind of hide him there, but it’s a tough position.”
Dec 15, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
A case against their former financial advisors is underway.
Dec 15, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Headley is expected to make his decision soon.
Dec 15, 2014, 9:33 AM EST
I hope it’s a Bud Selig-themed bar. Let’s imagine what that looks like.
Dec 15, 2014, 9:14 AM EST
Even with him and Matt Kemp, though, the Padres would still have a lot of holes.
Dec 15, 2014, 8:30 AM EST
The Nats’ young star will not go to arbitration this year.
More Top Posts
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)