Jan 16, 2015, 10:59 PM EST
Joe Maddon is already thinking outside the box before he’s even managed his first game for the Cubs.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EST
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Jan 16, 2015, 8:54 PM EST
It doesn’t sound like the Rangers are going to make a big splash in the free agent pitching market.
Jan 16, 2015, 8:02 PM EST
Arthur Rhodes has officially retired from baseball, ending his 20-year professional career.
Jan 16, 2015, 7:42 PM EST
The Mets still have a few potential takers for starter Dillon Gee. They settled on a $5.3 million salary for the 2015 season on Friday.
Jan 16, 2015, 6:34 PM EST
The White Sox and Jeff Samardzija avoided an arbitration hearing, agreeing on a $9.8 million salary for the 2015 season.
Jan 16, 2015, 5:39 PM EST
Mets minor league pitcher Brandon Welch was served a 50-game suspension for using a drug of abuse.
Jan 16, 2015, 5:04 PM EST
The Yankees and starter Michael Pineda agreed on a $2.1 million salary on Friday, avoiding arbitration.
Jan 16, 2015, 3:15 PM EST
Danks can play all three outfield spots and was once regarded as a solid prospect.
Jan 16, 2015, 2:48 PM EST
He’s topped 250 plate appearances for the Blue Jays in each of the past two seasons.
Jan 16, 2015, 1:11 PM EST
Price is 30 healthy starts away from getting $150 million or more (and maybe a lot more) on the open market as a free agent.
Jan 16, 2015, 12:17 PM EST
He’ll take over in left field.
Jan 16, 2015, 11:15 AM EST
One fan base was going to be upset either way.
Jan 16, 2015, 10:10 AM EST
Strasburg was arbitration eligible for the second time after being paid $3.975 million in 2014.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:45 AM EST
He gets $2.5 million for his first two years of arbitration.
John Hart on the Braves: “We may not be the prettiest girl at the dance, but we’re going to be a lot of fun to dance with”
Jan 16, 2015, 8:50 AM EST
FanGraphs currently projects the Braves to have MLB’s second-worst record in 2015.
Jan 16, 2015, 8:20 AM EST
“I’m going to do something not a lot of people get to do.”
Jan 16, 2015, 7:45 AM EST
Houston has too many catchers.
Jan 15, 2015, 11:35 PM EST
The Yankees retained Chase Headley with the intent of using him as their regular third baseman in 2015, but Alex Rodriguez reportedly thinks he can win the job.
Jan 15, 2015, 10:46 PM EST
Carrasco is coming off a breakout season where he posted a 2.55 ERA and 140/29 K/BB ratio in 134 innings.
More Top Posts
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 29
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)