Apr 21, 2015, 2:55 PM EDT
One answer: because clubs and leagues like to pretend that they’re quasi-public entities who answer to the press. Even if they’re for-profit businesses.
Apr 21, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
The lesson, always: Never shower. Or at least not in Pittsburgh.
Apr 21, 2015, 12:16 PM EDT
Francisco has elite power, smacking 48 homers in 1,091 plate appearances as a big leaguer, but …
Apr 21, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
Dickerson had a breakout 2014 season at age 25, hitting .312 with 24 homers and a .931 OPS that ranked fifth among all NL players.
Apr 21, 2015, 11:28 AM EDT
Bryan Price doesn’t fully grok what was so remarkable about his rant. And the Reds don’t seem to care.
Apr 21, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
April 20 is awfully early.
Apr 21, 2015, 11:06 AM EDT
The future is now.
Apr 21, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
How much longer will the 37-year-old will keep trying after sitting out all of 2014?
Apr 21, 2015, 10:31 AM EDT
But, like everything else having to do with their treatment of him, there’s a thread of cynicism to it.
Triples Machine: After a decade in the minors Royals rookie Paulo Orlando is demolishing triples records
Apr 21, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Seven games later he’s made history.
Apr 21, 2015, 9:45 AM EDT
A writer who once ripped Barry Bonds for 400 pages or so talked with Bonds’ son about the nature of celebrity and celebrity villains.
Apr 21, 2015, 9:15 AM EDT
Off-balance, running the other way, across his body, deep in the hole and he STILL got the speedy Brett Gardner.
Apr 21, 2015, 8:44 AM EDT
The F-bombs were hilarious, but the substance of Price’s rant was far more telling.
Apr 21, 2015, 12:40 AM EDT
The future is now in Chicago.
Apr 20, 2015, 11:01 PM EDT
Padres right-hander Ian Kennedy landed on the disabled list after exiting his season debut on April 9 with a mild left hamstring strain, but he’s on track to return Saturday against the Dodgers.
Apr 20, 2015, 10:35 PM EDT
Things are quickly going from bad to worse for the Brewers.
Apr 20, 2015, 10:06 PM EDT
This from Reds manager Bryan Price is not a good look at all.
Apr 20, 2015, 9:49 PM EDT
Tonight’s Cubs-Pirates game was delayed for 23 minutes after a woman was hit in the back of the head by a foul ball in the top of the second inning.
Apr 20, 2015, 9:35 PM EDT
The Rockies are calling him day-to-day.
More Top Posts
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (196)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)