Oct 15, 2014, 7:17 AM EDT
For the Orioles, it’ll take a miracle. Meanwhile the Giants seek to take control.
Oct 15, 2014, 12:38 AM EDT
Four-game winning streaks happen all of the time, right?
Oct 14, 2014, 11:06 PM EDT
The Royals — who hadn’t made a playoff appearance in 29 years and had to make it through the American League Wild Card Game this year — are now just one win away from advancing to the World Series.
Oct 14, 2014, 10:26 PM EDT
A leadoff single from Norichika Aoki, a one-out single from Eric Hosmer, and then an RBI sacrifice fly to deep left field by Billy Butler has given the Royals their first lead of this ALCS Game 3 at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City.
Oct 14, 2014, 8:42 PM EDT
From MASN’s Roch Kubatko comes word that the Orioles have officially named right-hander Miguel Gonzalez their starting pitcher for Game 4 of the ALCS on Wednesday afternoon in Kansas City.
Oct 14, 2014, 7:58 PM EDT
Here’s the ugly final play of NLCS Game 3, a 5-4 victory for the Giants over the visiting Cardinals …
Oct 14, 2014, 7:33 PM EDT
Randy Choate came in and things got weird.
Oct 14, 2014, 6:25 PM EDT
That’s the same job Hillman had with the Dodgers, serving as manager Don Mattingly’s right-hand man from 2011-2013.
Oct 14, 2014, 6:13 PM EDT
Randal Grichuk lost track of a ball at the right field wall in the first inning, contributing to the Giants’ big four-run opening frame, but he just redeemed himself with a game-tying solo shot high and deep down the left field line in the top of the seventh.
Oct 14, 2014, 5:47 PM EDT
Jeremy Guthrie vs. Wei-Yin Chen.
Oct 14, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Texas’ search for a new manager is down to three candidates, as the Rangers named as finalists interim manager Tim Bogar, Pirates bench coach Jeff Banister, and Indians bullpen coach Kevin Cash.
Oct 14, 2014, 4:57 PM EDT
Travis Ishikawa’s bases-clearing double put the Giants up 4-0 in the first.
Oct 14, 2014, 4:06 PM EDT
Don Mattingly may keep his job, but he’ll be in for a very interesting 2015 season.
Oct 14, 2014, 3:31 PM EDT
Or: Great Moments in GMs not Admitting Their Mistakes
Oct 14, 2014, 3:03 PM EDT
At least for now. I mean, the guy has only had the job for an hour. Give him time.
Oct 14, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
They already have $190 million in guaranteed salaries for 2015, plus $170 million for both 2016 and 2017.
Oct 14, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
For the first time, the Florida Department of Health investigator who says his case was hindered by MLB speaks.
Oct 14, 2014, 2:01 PM EDT
Ned Colletti will reportedly stay on as a senior advisor.
More Top Posts
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)