Results matching “Aaron Hill”
Dec 5, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
Need some pitching? The Marlins have a lot of it and are willing to use a pitcher or two to address other areas of need.
Nov 24, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
No token votes for these guys.
Nov 24, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Pedro Martinez and Randy Johnson should be shoe-ins. But which newbies — and which holdovers — also have a shot?
Nov 19, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Kansas City has already reached out to multiple replacement options.
Nov 18, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Brad Lincoln is back where it all started, signing a minor-league deal with the Pirates nearly a decade after they made him the No. 4 overall pick.
Nov 14, 2014, 3:37 PM EDT
Significantly less than the $12.75 million player option he declined to leave the Phillies.
Nov 10, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Hellickson has struggled since 2013 and missed much of this season recovering from elbow surgery.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 1, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
He hit just .229 with a .659 OPS in 67 games after June 1 and batted .193 in September.
Sep 29, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
By virtue of finishing with the worst record in baseball at 64-98 the Diamondbacks–with a new general manager and, soon, a new manager–have the No. 1 overall pick.
Sep 24, 2014, 5:01 PM EDT
It’s a helluva list to sit atop.
Sep 19, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
He has two years remaining on a three-year, $26 million contract.
Sep 15, 2014, 6:11 AM EDT
Against all odds, the Orioles are poised to clinch their first AL East title in seventeen years.
Sep 12, 2014, 11:17 AM EDT
The suspension is effective immediately and includes the playoffs in addition to the Orioles’ final 17 regular season games.
Sep 12, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Liriano shut out the Phillies for eight innings Thursday night, racking up 12 strikeouts and totaling 25 swinging strikes out of 106 total pitches.
Sep 9, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Marlins right-hander Henderson Alvarez exited his September 1 start with a strained oblique muscle, which seemed likely to knock him out for most and perhaps all of the season’s final month, but he’s already been cleared to return.
Sep 9, 2014, 7:57 AM EDT
The first professional baseball team began play in the spring of 1869. People began lamenting its demise approximately fifteen minutes later. Here is why they are wrong.
Sep 5, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
He appeared in 50 games for the Phillies as a rookie, posting a 4.40 ERA and 35/21 K/BB ratio in 47 innings.
Sep 3, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Beckett may end up needing surgery, but hasn’t made a decision on that yet.
Sep 3, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
“And then what happened, you started sucking at baseball?”
Aug 28, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Four players (Cole Hamels, Domonic Brown, David Buchanan, and Kyle Kendrick) have publicly criticized and/or disrespected Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg this month, but the rookie skipper insists it’s “not a big deal.”
Aug 27, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Right-hander Bryan Morris has been ridiculously good for the Marlins since they acquired him from the Pirates for a draft pick in June, posting a 0.48 ERA in 38 innings. But now he’s hurt.
Aug 25, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
So far at least a change of scenery hasn’t done Justin Masterson any good.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 107
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 47
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (107)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)