Results matching “Aaron Hill”
Mar 23, 2011, 2:48 PM EDT
Aaron Hill returned from a quadriceps injury to make his spring training debut yesterday, but afterward expressed some doubt about his status for Opening Day: It was good to get out there and see what I’ve got. I can play but it’s going to be their decision. Hopefully it will be fine by then but…
Apr 21, 2010, 3:43 PM EDT
Out since the second game of the season with a hamstring injury, Aaron Hill is expected to return from the disabled list Friday against the Rays. Hill is skipping the usual minor league rehab assignment route, instead staying behind at the Blue Jays’ spring training complex to rehab in Florida. Picked by many to finish…
Apr 12, 2010, 4:43 PM EDT
The AL East is down a second star second baseman after Aaron Hill was placed on the disabled list Monday because of a strained hamstring. While Brian Roberts appeared DL bound from the moment he suffered a strained abdominal muscle, the Hill moves comes as a surprise. Expectations were that he’d be back early this…
Jul 17, 2015, 11:05 AM EDT
No. 7 pick in last year’s draft.
Jul 2, 2015, 1:27 PM EDT
The dreaded plantar fasciitis.
Mar 13, 2015, 5:17 PM EDT
Harang was scratched from Saturday’s scheduled start.
Jan 5, 2015, 12:02 PM EDT
Harang had an ugly 2013 season, but bounced back nicely at age 36 to throw 204 innings with a 3.57 ERA and 161/71 K/BB ratio for the Braves.
Dec 31, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Can we maybe go back to “kicking the tires” or “aggressively pursuing?”
Jun 10, 2014, 2:40 PM EDT
Aaron Nola has a chance to be one of the first–and perhaps the first–player from the draft class to reach the majors because he’s a polished college starter with excellent control and incredible overall numbers against good competition.
Jun 5, 2014, 7:56 PM EDT
After the Mariners went for a high school outfielder, the Phillies grabbed a college right-hander seventh overall.
Mar 26, 2013, 12:03 PM EDT
Satisfied with their rotation depth and not wanting to pay him a $100,000 assignment bonus to pitch at Triple-A, the Phillies released veteran starter Aaron Cook. Cook hasn’t posted an ERA under 5.00 since 2009 and last season had more walks (21) than strikeouts (20) in 94 innings for the Red Sox. He should be…
Jan 16, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
The Phillies have signed Aaron Cook to a minor league deal, reports Jon Paul Morosi. If he makes the bigs he’ll make $1.625 million. Not a bad gamble at that price. Though I’m skeptical that he’ll be particularly useful. He has become a near-historically bad pitcher in terms of strikeout rate. Which he somehow, quite…
Jul 21, 2011, 9:40 PM EDT
Looking to add depth to a bullpen that’s been hit hard by injuries this season, the Phillies signed Aaron Heilman to a minor league contract on Thursday, CSNPhilly’s Jim Salisbury reports. He’ll step into a Triple-A Lehigh Valley relief corps that just lost Jason Grilli to the Pirates. Heilman was cut by the Diamondbacks after amassing a…
Jul 30, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Houston made a run at him.
Jul 28, 2015, 4:17 PM EDT
Hamels threw a no-hitter against Cubs on Saturday.
Jul 28, 2015, 1:01 PM EDT
Washington or elsewhere?
Jul 25, 2015, 2:48 PM EDT
Could the Yankees make a big splash before next week’s trade deadline?
Jul 22, 2015, 12:55 PM EDT
Reports vary wildly, of course.
Jul 13, 2015, 2:35 PM EDT
Jul 7, 2015, 2:25 PM EDT
He went 0-3 with a 6.56 ERA in five starts.
Jun 29, 2015, 1:21 PM EDT
Billingsley has missed six weeks.
Jun 18, 2015, 4:19 PM EDT
Jun 17, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
Williams has been terrible this season.
Jun 11, 2015, 10:48 AM EDT
Cahill is making $12 million this season.
Jun 8, 2015, 3:03 PM EDT
A very Phillies-like signing.
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 0
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 40
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 49
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 29
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 91
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (93)