Results matching “John Farrell”
Jul 23, 2014, 7:17 AM EDT
Jonathan Lucory hit two homers last night, including the walkoff.
Jul 17, 2014, 10:22 PM EDT
Shane Victorino landed on the disabled list in May after he aggravated a right hamstring strain and suffered a setback in June due to a back issue, but he’s finally close to rejoining the Red Sox.
Jul 15, 2014, 11:32 PM EDT
A rocky start, a grooved pitch, a fond farewell and the granting of home field advantage in the World Series to the Junior Circuit.
Jul 15, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Count on at least two standing ovations for Jeter in his final All-Star Game.
Jul 14, 2014, 1:13 PM EDT
Mike Matheny’s decision over in the National League was a tough one, but American League manager John Farrell had an easy call for tomorrow night’s starter: Felix Hernandez.
Jul 9, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Brandon Workman has done a solid job for the Red Sox, posting a 4.13 ERA in 52 innings split between the rotation and bullpen, but the 25-year-old right-hander has been optioned back to Triple-A following last night’s loss to the White Sox.
Jul 7, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Toronto first baseman Edwin Encarnacion is headed to the disabled list with a strained quadriceps muscle, which actually qualifies as relatively good news considering how bad his injury appeared to be when he was helped off the field Saturday.
Jul 7, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
There are eight days until the All-Star Game. Almost all of these “snubs” will work themselves out.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jul 2, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
It’s been unusual for Uehara to run into any trouble so his posting a 5.14 ERA in eight outings has been a strange sight.
Jun 22, 2014, 10:48 PM EDT
John Farrell says his slugger has a “knack for the moment”. He doesn’t, really — he’s just good.
Jun 12, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Red Sox shortstop Stephen Drew is out of the lineup for the fourth straight game tonight after he aggravated his right oblique injury during batting practice on Wednesday. An MRI (and a possible stint on the disabled list) could be next.
Jun 11, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
All-Star managers John Farrell and Mike Matheny have picked the other managers to add to their coaching staffs for the game.
Jun 4, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
“I guess the rules are not for everyone.”
May 31, 2014, 9:52 AM EDT
David Ortiz ripped David Price after he was hit by a pitch during Friday’s game.
May 30, 2014, 9:37 PM EDT
There is a lot of bad blood between the Red Sox and Rays. Things boiled over on Friday night.
May 30, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
A tough break for a guy who just got called up.
May 29, 2014, 11:02 PM EDT
Rubby De La Rosa will take Clay Buchholz’s place in the Red Sox starting rotation.
May 29, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Shane Victorino hurt his right hamstring again and might need some extra time to get back.
May 29, 2014, 5:22 PM EDT
David Ortiz has been scratched from the Red Sox’s lineup tonight because of a sore right calf, causing manager John Farrell to adjust his original lineup that was posted in the clubhouse.
May 28, 2014, 9:15 AM EDT
It may have happened Monday. Still not sure what happened the previous several starts before that . . .
May 27, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Whether he’s hurt or merely lost, Clay Buchholz is not helping the Red Sox at all right now.
May 24, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
Shane Victorino is headed back to the disabled list after aggravating a right hamstring injury.
May 22, 2014, 1:19 PM EDT
Grady Sizemore’s comeback was a helluva story when he made the Red Sox out of spring training and hit a home run in his second at-bat of the season, but unfortunately things haven’t been going so well lately.
May 21, 2014, 4:39 PM EDT
Red Sox left-hander Felix Doubront exited last night’s start with a shoulder injury, saying afterward: “I couldn’t feel my shoulder.” And now the Red Sox revealed that Doubront suffered the injury from hitting his shoulder on a car door.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)