Results matching “awards”
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 22, 2014, 9:03 PM EST
Major League Baseball announced in April that two new regular-season awards would be handed out every year, going to the top reliever in each league. The NL’s award was named after Trevor Hoffman and the AL’s was named after Mariano Rivera. Here, via MLB’s Twitter account, are the first recipients …
Oct 9, 2014, 11:02 PM EST
Authorities say that “several” of Berra’s World Series rings and two of his MVP plaques were among the items taken.
Clayton Kershaw-for-MVP tidbit: Plenty of voters didn’t pick Bob Gibson and his 1.12 ERA for MVP in 1968
Sep 25, 2014, 3:49 PM EST
Not everyone thought 305 innings of a 1.12 ERA equaled MVP.
Sep 24, 2014, 5:06 PM EST
Shocker: Plaschke has a serious double standard when it comes to Mr. Puig.
Sep 3, 2014, 2:11 PM EST
Mantle and Aaron? Williams and Musial? Bonds and Rodriguez?
Sep 3, 2014, 1:43 PM EST
Kris Bryant was the No. 2 pick in last year’s draft, hit .325 with 43 homers and a 1.098 OPS in 138 games between Double-A and Triple-A in his first full season as a pro, and will win a whole bunch of Minor League Player of the Year awards.
Sep 2, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
Gambling on baseball is dumb. But Kershaw for the Cy Young Award is a pretty safe bet.
Aug 29, 2014, 8:47 AM EST
A big housing unit for the Big Unit.
Aug 26, 2014, 8:23 AM EST
If you think the Marlins recent winning ways have convinced Giancarlo Stanton to sign an extension, think again.
Aug 23, 2014, 3:10 PM EST
Masahiro Tanaka is making progress towards a September return, at which point the Yankees could utilize a six-man rotation.
Aug 15, 2014, 11:25 PM EST
Masahiro Tanaka will throw 25 fastballs in a bullpen session on Saturday as the Yankees attempt to get him back into pitching shape for a late-September return.
Aug 15, 2014, 9:35 PM EST
The Miguel Cabrera bobbleheads given away to fans on Friday night contained a rather large error.
Aug 7, 2014, 3:53 PM EST
MASN and the Orioles are arguing that Major League Baseball had a conflict of interest in ruling in the Nats favor over rights fees.
Aug 3, 2014, 10:10 PM EST
Some potentially uplifting news for the Yankees: Masahiro Tanaka could play catch if given clearance by a doctor tomorrow. The pitcher hasn’t pitched in a month due to a right elbow injury.
Aug 2, 2014, 12:45 PM EST
Jose Abreu hasn’t been retired since Wednesday, and is on a 21-game hitting streak. One could argue he’s having a pretty good season.
Jul 30, 2014, 3:51 PM EST
Injuries derailed what was a very promising career for Chavez while with the A’s, but he bounced back and got healthy enough to thrive in part-time roles for the Yankees and Diamondbacks.
Jul 25, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Greg Maddux looked like a guy who should be riding a Metra commuter train to his 9-to-5 job in the Loop, maybe sneaking out later to catch a Cubs game and have a few beers at Wrigley Field.
Jul 24, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Everyone has a gift. This is my gift. I shall now share it with you.
Jul 23, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
Tom Glavine crafted his Hall of Fame career with plenty of skill and wit.
Jul 22, 2014, 2:05 PM EST
The softer side of Roy Halladay.
Jul 21, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
David Wright, Hall of Famer?
Jul 6, 2014, 3:41 PM EST
HBT hands out awards to the best and worst of Seinfeld Night.
Jun 29, 2014, 10:35 PM EST
Eric Chavez’s knee injury is making retirement after the season “a possibility” for the six-time Gold Glove winner.
Jun 26, 2014, 6:53 AM EST
Tim Lincecum’s no-hitter reminded me of something.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)