Results matching “baseball dying”
May 21, 2015, 8:58 AM EDT
Youth baseball may be a gateway to future fandom, but it’s not the only way in.
May 11, 2015, 10:29 AM EDT
This time we really, really mean it.
Apr 22, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
Yes, he actually said that. In a video that has both some good points and some not-so-good points.
Apr 10, 2015, 4:06 PM EDT
Which, I think anyway, makes this a zombie cliche.
Apr 6, 2015, 8:45 AM EDT
More like RasputinBall, am I right?
Apr 3, 2015, 9:31 AM EDT
Modest pace-of-play rules? Hiring Rob Manfred? THE ACTS OF DESPERATE MEN WILLING TO STOP AT NOTHING TO KEEP BASEBALL FROM DYING!
Feb 25, 2015, 2:56 PM EDT
Also: who is the Cuban Derek Jeter?
Feb 6, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
Actually, I’m not buying that. Help me out, Boston people.
Jan 28, 2015, 3:59 PM EDT
Wow! I get to use my two favorite cliches in one headline!
Jan 20, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
I’ve got the same combination on my luggage!
Nov 3, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
I’ll stop writing this post when columnists stop making dumb arguments about baseball’s vitality.
Oct 28, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
I swear, I did not write this as a parody in an effort to give myself something new and crazy to rail against. Though I can understand if you believe otherwise.
Oct 24, 2014, 10:04 AM EDT
Oct 7, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
Indeed, someone claimed it was not as good as it used to be a full year before the first professional team took the field.
Sep 25, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
I’d like to think we’ll be able to carry on. But I don’t know if we can. Dammit, I JUST DO NOT KNOW.
Sep 18, 2014, 12:41 PM EDT
There will be no more famous players.
Sep 9, 2014, 7:57 AM EDT
The first professional baseball team began play in the spring of 1869. People began lamenting its demise approximately fifteen minutes later. Here is why they are wrong.
Aug 29, 2014, 2:24 PM EDT
Never mind that the dude has only been legally allowed inside a bar for about two years.
Aug 13, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Usually those who say that baseball is dying conveniently forget that, in 1994, it actually was in trouble. So this is all very interesting.
Jul 16, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
This is so sad. It looked so healthy, too.
Jul 3, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
You’re not fooling anyone you know, now get in the cart.
Jun 30, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Major League Baseball: 1876-2014. Died after a long illness, contracted in around 1877 or so.
Jun 24, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
It’s awesome that USA-Portugal kicked butt in the ratings. It’s lame if people think that represents anything meaningful about baseball or other sports.
Mar 12, 2014, 12:06 PM EDT
A story about Twitter engagement with televised sports shows that (a) half of all Twitter comments about TV shows are sports-related; but (b) baseball lags the other sports: One league that should be somewhat concerned, however, is Major League Baseball. In addition to the fourth-worst television ratings in history, the 2013 World Series failed to…
Oct 7, 2013, 9:45 AM EDT
Every fall, like clockwork. These are becoming more ubiquitous than BSOHL stories during spring training: And of course totally vapid and ill-informed about the economics and nature of baseball. But what else is new? These clowns are doing nothing but channeling ancient nostalgia imported from a time when baseball was the only major sport and…
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 27
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 57
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)