Jan 11, 2015, 7:10 PM EST
A.J. Burnett plans to retire after the 2015 season. He returned to the Pirates after signing a one-year deal in November.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 20, 2014, 4:06 PM EST
The Phillies could eye Asdrubal Cabrera as a replacement for Jimmy Rollins.
Dec 14, 2014, 11:40 PM EST
It doesn’t sound like Edinson Volquez is coming back to Pittsburgh.
Nov 14, 2014, 3:37 PM EST
Significantly less than the $12.75 million player option he declined to leave the Phillies.
Nov 13, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The Orioles have made an offer to A.J. Burnett according to a report.
Nov 3, 2014, 9:42 PM EST
This decision comes as a surprise, but it’s one the Phillies have to be pretty happy about.
Nov 2, 2014, 10:48 AM EST
It was an expected move. Now we’ll see whether Burnett exercises his $12.75 million player option for 2015. The deadline for that decision is Monday.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 22, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
He as 12.75 million reasons to do so.
Oct 9, 2014, 2:55 PM EST
During the season he suggested he was done. Not so fast.
Sep 28, 2014, 9:50 PM EST
A.J. Burnett will undergo surgery next week to fix an inguinal hernia he suffered back in April. He hasn’t made up his mind yet about pitching again in 2015.
Sep 26, 2014, 7:55 PM EST
Phillies pitcher Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez will get an opportunity to start, at least in spring training next year.
Sep 26, 2014, 12:55 PM EST
And it could be over as of Sunday. Now, let us consider Buddy Carlyle.
Sep 17, 2014, 7:08 AM EST
Beer showers on the Beltway as the Nats and Orioles both clinch
Sep 11, 2014, 8:59 PM EST
Marte has been one of the hottest hitters in the game since returning from a concussion in early August.
Aug 30, 2014, 10:20 PM EST
The Angels, searching for a rotation upgrade after losing Garrett Richards to an injury, had interest in A.J. Burnett of the Phillies, but the right-hander’s player option for 2015 was a deterrent.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 26, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
It’s probably not best to make plans for the future after a bad day at the office.
Aug 26, 2014, 6:43 AM EST
It was Giancarlo Stanton vs. Mike Trout in Anaheim last night. Advantage: Stanton.
Aug 20, 2014, 9:12 AM EST
And if he does, he’ll leave $12.75 million on the table.
Aug 18, 2014, 9:09 PM EST
Doug Fister was a perfectly useful pitcher for Detroit, but he didn’t show up on the radar gun. Now, Fister is leading the National not the playoffs while the Tigers are fighting to stay alive.
Aug 8, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
Bartolo Colon joined the 200-win club with a strong performance against the Phillies on Friday night.
Aug 4, 2014, 11:35 AM EST
And it almost always means nothing.
Aug 3, 2014, 11:22 AM EST
Colon will hit a milestone if he can reel off a third straight victory this afternoon.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)