Oct 9, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
During the season he suggested he was done. Not so fast.
Sep 28, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
A.J. Burnett will undergo surgery next week to fix an inguinal hernia he suffered back in April. He hasn’t made up his mind yet about pitching again in 2015.
Sep 26, 2014, 7:55 PM EDT
Phillies pitcher Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez will get an opportunity to start, at least in spring training next year.
Sep 26, 2014, 12:55 PM EDT
And it could be over as of Sunday. Now, let us consider Buddy Carlyle.
Sep 17, 2014, 7:08 AM EDT
Beer showers on the Beltway as the Nats and Orioles both clinch
Sep 11, 2014, 8:59 PM EDT
Marte has been one of the hottest hitters in the game since returning from a concussion in early August.
Aug 30, 2014, 10:20 PM EDT
The Angels, searching for a rotation upgrade after losing Garrett Richards to an injury, had interest in A.J. Burnett of the Phillies, but the right-hander’s player option for 2015 was a deterrent.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 26, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
It’s probably not best to make plans for the future after a bad day at the office.
Aug 26, 2014, 6:43 AM EDT
It was Giancarlo Stanton vs. Mike Trout in Anaheim last night. Advantage: Stanton.
Aug 20, 2014, 9:12 AM EDT
And if he does, he’ll leave $12.75 million on the table.
Aug 18, 2014, 9:09 PM EDT
Doug Fister was a perfectly useful pitcher for Detroit, but he didn’t show up on the radar gun. Now, Fister is leading the National not the playoffs while the Tigers are fighting to stay alive.
Aug 8, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Bartolo Colon joined the 200-win club with a strong performance against the Phillies on Friday night.
Aug 4, 2014, 11:35 AM EDT
And it almost always means nothing.
Aug 3, 2014, 11:22 AM EDT
Colon will hit a milestone if he can reel off a third straight victory this afternoon.
Aug 2, 2014, 9:25 PM EDT
Chris Guccione put on a show in ejecting Phillies starter A.J. Burnett and manager Ryne Sandberg in Saturday night’s game in Washington, D.C.
Jul 31, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
You happy, Philly?
Jul 31, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
I never understand the Royals.
Jul 31, 2014, 8:10 AM EDT
The State of the Trade Deadline, eight hours before the music stops.
Jul 30, 2014, 11:07 AM EDT
The Phillies are paying the bills for their dynastic run, thanks in large part to Ruben Amaro’s mismanagement.
Jul 29, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
A three run lead and Rafael Soriano on the hill usually leads to an un-tuck fest. Not last night it didn’t.
Jul 21, 2014, 11:31 AM EDT
The O’s high-priced starter may be out until August.
Jul 19, 2014, 4:11 PM EDT
The Orioles were linked to A.J. Burnett during the offseason and now they are reportedly targeting him in a potential trade with the Phillies.
Jul 14, 2014, 12:12 PM EDT
Jonathan Papelbon was made it very clear that he wants out of Philadelphia, but A.J. Burnett said yesterday that he has no plans to request a trade from the Phillies.
Jul 13, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
Cliff Lee is on track to return to the Phillies’ starting rotation on July 21. The veteran left-hander has been out since the middle of May because of a muscle strain in his pitching elbow but could be an attractive name at this year’s trade deadline.
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 0
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 10
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)