Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 26, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
It’s probably not best to make plans for the future after a bad day at the office.
Aug 26, 2014, 6:43 AM EDT
It was Giancarlo Stanton vs. Mike Trout in Anaheim last night. Advantage: Stanton.
Aug 20, 2014, 9:12 AM EDT
And if he does, he’ll leave $12.75 million on the table.
Aug 18, 2014, 9:09 PM EDT
Doug Fister was a perfectly useful pitcher for Detroit, but he didn’t show up on the radar gun. Now, Fister is leading the National not the playoffs while the Tigers are fighting to stay alive.
Aug 8, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Bartolo Colon joined the 200-win club with a strong performance against the Phillies on Friday night.
Aug 4, 2014, 11:35 AM EDT
And it almost always means nothing.
Aug 3, 2014, 11:22 AM EDT
Colon will hit a milestone if he can reel off a third straight victory this afternoon.
Aug 2, 2014, 9:25 PM EDT
Chris Guccione put on a show in ejecting Phillies starter A.J. Burnett and manager Ryne Sandberg in Saturday night’s game in Washington, D.C.
Jul 31, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
You happy, Philly?
Jul 31, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
I never understand the Royals.
Jul 31, 2014, 8:10 AM EDT
The State of the Trade Deadline, eight hours before the music stops.
Jul 30, 2014, 11:07 AM EDT
The Phillies are paying the bills for their dynastic run, thanks in large part to Ruben Amaro’s mismanagement.
Jul 29, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
A three run lead and Rafael Soriano on the hill usually leads to an un-tuck fest. Not last night it didn’t.
Jul 21, 2014, 11:31 AM EDT
The O’s high-priced starter may be out until August.
Jul 19, 2014, 4:11 PM EDT
The Orioles were linked to A.J. Burnett during the offseason and now they are reportedly targeting him in a potential trade with the Phillies.
Jul 14, 2014, 12:12 PM EDT
Jonathan Papelbon was made it very clear that he wants out of Philadelphia, but A.J. Burnett said yesterday that he has no plans to request a trade from the Phillies.
Jul 13, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
Cliff Lee is on track to return to the Phillies’ starting rotation on July 21. The veteran left-hander has been out since the middle of May because of a muscle strain in his pitching elbow but could be an attractive name at this year’s trade deadline.
Jul 7, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
It’s Corey Kluber’s world. We’re all just living in it. We had no idea we were, though, because most of us don’t pay a heck of a lot of attention to Corey Kluber. Like, how are we supposed to know it’s his world anyway? What are we, psychic? Put up a sign.
Jul 1, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
It’s time to re-tool in Philadelphia.
Jun 23, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
“I was really just trying to get all of my anger out.”
Jun 11, 2014, 6:01 AM EDT
Collin Cowgill’s walkoff homer in the 14th was something. Yoenis Cespedes’ throw in the eighth was even more something.
Jun 5, 2014, 7:04 AM EDT
The Indians, A’s and Jays are surging. The Yankees, Rays and Braves are reeling. The Padres won a game despite getting only one hit. As Earl Weaver once said: Baseball: we do this every day, lady.
May 21, 2014, 6:54 AM EDT
On HBT Daily yesterday I said Johnny Cueto would give up more than two runs in a game before Masahiro Tanaka got his first loss. Both happened yesterday, but I’m pretty sure the Nats got their third run off Cueto before the Yankees-Cubs game ended, so I’m gonna claim victory.
May 20, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
A quarter of the way into the season, the Phillies have managed to tread water in the not-so-rugged National League East. Now comes a pivotal stage in the team’s schedule.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 1
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 24
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 112
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (112)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)