Jul 31, 2014, 8:10 AM EST
The State of the Trade Deadline, eight hours before the music stops.
Jul 30, 2014, 11:07 AM EST
The Phillies are paying the bills for their dynastic run, thanks in large part to Ruben Amaro’s mismanagement.
Jul 29, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
A three run lead and Rafael Soriano on the hill usually leads to an un-tuck fest. Not last night it didn’t.
Jul 21, 2014, 11:31 AM EST
The O’s high-priced starter may be out until August.
Jul 19, 2014, 4:11 PM EST
The Orioles were linked to A.J. Burnett during the offseason and now they are reportedly targeting him in a potential trade with the Phillies.
Jul 14, 2014, 12:12 PM EST
Jonathan Papelbon was made it very clear that he wants out of Philadelphia, but A.J. Burnett said yesterday that he has no plans to request a trade from the Phillies.
Jul 13, 2014, 12:31 PM EST
Cliff Lee is on track to return to the Phillies’ starting rotation on July 21. The veteran left-hander has been out since the middle of May because of a muscle strain in his pitching elbow but could be an attractive name at this year’s trade deadline.
Jul 7, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
It’s Corey Kluber’s world. We’re all just living in it. We had no idea we were, though, because most of us don’t pay a heck of a lot of attention to Corey Kluber. Like, how are we supposed to know it’s his world anyway? What are we, psychic? Put up a sign.
Jul 1, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
It’s time to re-tool in Philadelphia.
Jun 23, 2014, 12:48 PM EST
“I was really just trying to get all of my anger out.”
Jun 11, 2014, 6:01 AM EST
Collin Cowgill’s walkoff homer in the 14th was something. Yoenis Cespedes’ throw in the eighth was even more something.
Jun 5, 2014, 7:04 AM EST
The Indians, A’s and Jays are surging. The Yankees, Rays and Braves are reeling. The Padres won a game despite getting only one hit. As Earl Weaver once said: Baseball: we do this every day, lady.
May 21, 2014, 6:54 AM EST
On HBT Daily yesterday I said Johnny Cueto would give up more than two runs in a game before Masahiro Tanaka got his first loss. Both happened yesterday, but I’m pretty sure the Nats got their third run off Cueto before the Yankees-Cubs game ended, so I’m gonna claim victory.
May 20, 2014, 11:45 AM EST
A quarter of the way into the season, the Phillies have managed to tread water in the not-so-rugged National League East. Now comes a pivotal stage in the team’s schedule.
Apr 28, 2014, 6:38 AM EST
Lots of shutouts and a handful of two-homer games. And one game that looked Xeroxed from another.
Apr 27, 2014, 6:56 PM EST
A.J. Burnett was diagnosed with an inguinal hernia on April 14. He has an 0.83 ERA in three starts since.
Apr 23, 2014, 6:35 AM EST
Pitching porn in Atlanta. Graphic, hard core pitching porn.
Apr 19, 2014, 2:29 PM EST
Cole Hamels is on track to face the Dodgers next Wednesday in Los Angeles.
Apr 18, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
Adam Wainwright turned in the latest of several dominant pitching performances around Major League Baseball this week.
Apr 14, 2014, 4:39 PM EST
A.J. Burnett will attempt to pitch through a minor hernia.
Apr 12, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
Cole Hamels had a successful rehab start on Saturday and is on track to rejoin the Phillies on April 22 to face the Dodgers.
Apr 12, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
A.J. Burnett is still sore after leaving Friday’s start early and may not be ready to make his next start on Wednesday.
Apr 11, 2014, 9:06 PM EST
Are the Phillies doomed to lose yet another starting pitcher to injury?
Apr 7, 2014, 6:02 AM EST
Matt Kemp and Hanley Ramirez each went yard twice. And I contemplate the return of the game-winning RBI stat.
Mar 30, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
Travis Sawchik of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review wrote an intriguing column about the rise in fastball velocity across Major League Baseball. In 2008, the average fastball in the Majors registered at 90.9 MPH; in 2013, it was 92 MPH. A change of 1.1 MPH over a six-year period may seem small, but when hundreds of thousands of fastballs…
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 44
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 62
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)