Aug 2, 2014, 9:25 PM EST
Chris Guccione put on a show in ejecting Phillies starter A.J. Burnett and manager Ryne Sandberg in Saturday night’s game in Washington, D.C.
Jul 31, 2014, 5:15 PM EST
You happy, Philly?
Jul 31, 2014, 11:32 AM EST
I never understand the Royals.
Jul 31, 2014, 8:10 AM EST
The State of the Trade Deadline, eight hours before the music stops.
Jul 30, 2014, 11:07 AM EST
The Phillies are paying the bills for their dynastic run, thanks in large part to Ruben Amaro’s mismanagement.
Jul 29, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
A three run lead and Rafael Soriano on the hill usually leads to an un-tuck fest. Not last night it didn’t.
Jul 21, 2014, 11:31 AM EST
The O’s high-priced starter may be out until August.
Jul 19, 2014, 4:11 PM EST
The Orioles were linked to A.J. Burnett during the offseason and now they are reportedly targeting him in a potential trade with the Phillies.
Jul 14, 2014, 12:12 PM EST
Jonathan Papelbon was made it very clear that he wants out of Philadelphia, but A.J. Burnett said yesterday that he has no plans to request a trade from the Phillies.
Jul 13, 2014, 12:31 PM EST
Cliff Lee is on track to return to the Phillies’ starting rotation on July 21. The veteran left-hander has been out since the middle of May because of a muscle strain in his pitching elbow but could be an attractive name at this year’s trade deadline.
Jul 7, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
It’s Corey Kluber’s world. We’re all just living in it. We had no idea we were, though, because most of us don’t pay a heck of a lot of attention to Corey Kluber. Like, how are we supposed to know it’s his world anyway? What are we, psychic? Put up a sign.
Jul 1, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
It’s time to re-tool in Philadelphia.
Jun 23, 2014, 12:48 PM EST
“I was really just trying to get all of my anger out.”
Jun 11, 2014, 6:01 AM EST
Collin Cowgill’s walkoff homer in the 14th was something. Yoenis Cespedes’ throw in the eighth was even more something.
Jun 5, 2014, 7:04 AM EST
The Indians, A’s and Jays are surging. The Yankees, Rays and Braves are reeling. The Padres won a game despite getting only one hit. As Earl Weaver once said: Baseball: we do this every day, lady.
May 21, 2014, 6:54 AM EST
On HBT Daily yesterday I said Johnny Cueto would give up more than two runs in a game before Masahiro Tanaka got his first loss. Both happened yesterday, but I’m pretty sure the Nats got their third run off Cueto before the Yankees-Cubs game ended, so I’m gonna claim victory.
May 20, 2014, 11:45 AM EST
A quarter of the way into the season, the Phillies have managed to tread water in the not-so-rugged National League East. Now comes a pivotal stage in the team’s schedule.
Apr 28, 2014, 6:38 AM EST
Lots of shutouts and a handful of two-homer games. And one game that looked Xeroxed from another.
Apr 27, 2014, 6:56 PM EST
A.J. Burnett was diagnosed with an inguinal hernia on April 14. He has an 0.83 ERA in three starts since.
Apr 23, 2014, 6:35 AM EST
Pitching porn in Atlanta. Graphic, hard core pitching porn.
Apr 19, 2014, 2:29 PM EST
Cole Hamels is on track to face the Dodgers next Wednesday in Los Angeles.
Apr 18, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
Adam Wainwright turned in the latest of several dominant pitching performances around Major League Baseball this week.
Apr 14, 2014, 4:39 PM EST
A.J. Burnett will attempt to pitch through a minor hernia.
Apr 12, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
Cole Hamels had a successful rehab start on Saturday and is on track to rejoin the Phillies on April 22 to face the Dodgers.
Apr 12, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
A.J. Burnett is still sore after leaving Friday’s start early and may not be ready to make his next start on Wednesday.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 4
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 291
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (291)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)