Jan 26, 2015, 3:49 PM EST
Buck joins Christian Bethancourt and A.J. Pierzynski on the Braves’ catching depth chart.
Jan 8, 2015, 8:31 AM EST
But did he bring his [expletive] TOYS with him?
Dec 26, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
The Braves’ one-year deal with catcher A.J. Pierzynski is for $2 million.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 24, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
No, really. The news broke on line at a Honeybaked Ham store.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Nov 24, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
Both will be 38 in the 2015 season.
Nov 9, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
Russell Martin will reject his $15.3 million qualifying offer from the Pirates as he searches to strike big with a multi-year deal.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 19, 2014, 9:25 PM EST
A.J. Pierzynski wants to play baseball again in 2015, it just won’t be with the Cardinals.
Oct 17, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
The Cardinals aren’t expected to retain the services of any of the five players headed into free agency once the World Series is over. Fortunately, none of the five are key contributors.
Oct 16, 2014, 7:09 PM EST
Yadier Molina hasn’t played since suffering a left oblique strain in Game 2 of the NLCS against the Giants on Sunday.
Oct 16, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Adam Wainwright vs. Madison Bumgarner.
Oct 16, 2014, 3:28 PM EST
If you’re missing some Big Papi in your life, you’re in luck.
Oct 16, 2014, 1:11 AM EST
Letting Shelby Miller bat in the fourth was baffling, but it wasn’t Matheny’s only bad call in Game 4.
Oct 15, 2014, 9:34 PM EST
The Cardinals are trying to get the National League Championship Series back to St. Louis, and they’re off to a decent start here in Game 4 at AT&T Park.
Oct 15, 2014, 6:21 PM EST
Yadier Molina has remained on the Cardinals’ postseason roster despite suffering a strained left oblique in Game 2 of the NLCS — an injury that often takes over three weeks to recover from. But it doesn’t sound like we’ll be seeing him in St. Louis’ starting lineup for the remainder of this series.
Oct 15, 2014, 4:33 PM EST
Shelby Miller vs. Ryan Vogelsong.
Oct 14, 2014, 1:05 PM EST
Mike Matheny goes with A.J. Pierzynski as Yadier Molina’s replacement.
Oct 13, 2014, 6:18 PM EST
Yadier Molina was forced to exit Game 2 of the NLCS against the Giants last night due to an oblique injury, but Cardinals manager Mike Matheny confirmed this afternoon that he will remain on the team’s roster.
Oct 13, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
Neither option to replace Yadier Molina is appealing.
Oct 13, 2014, 12:59 AM EST
It’s better than being down 0-2, but…
Oct 12, 2014, 10:53 AM EST
Cardinals ace Adam Wainwright struggled in Game 1 of the NLCS on Saturday night against the Giants, allowing three runs — two earned — on six hits and three walks while failing to make it out of the top of the fifth. It’s quite obvious that the heavily-used 33-year-old right-hander is not close to 100 percent health.
Oct 10, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Pierzynski last played in the postseason for the White Sox in 2008.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)