Jan 26, 2015, 3:49 PM EST
Buck joins Christian Bethancourt and A.J. Pierzynski on the Braves’ catching depth chart.
Jan 8, 2015, 8:31 AM EST
But did he bring his [expletive] TOYS with him?
Dec 26, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
The Braves’ one-year deal with catcher A.J. Pierzynski is for $2 million.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 24, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
No, really. The news broke on line at a Honeybaked Ham store.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Nov 24, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
Both will be 38 in the 2015 season.
Nov 9, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
Russell Martin will reject his $15.3 million qualifying offer from the Pirates as he searches to strike big with a multi-year deal.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 19, 2014, 9:25 PM EST
A.J. Pierzynski wants to play baseball again in 2015, it just won’t be with the Cardinals.
Oct 17, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
The Cardinals aren’t expected to retain the services of any of the five players headed into free agency once the World Series is over. Fortunately, none of the five are key contributors.
Oct 16, 2014, 7:09 PM EST
Yadier Molina hasn’t played since suffering a left oblique strain in Game 2 of the NLCS against the Giants on Sunday.
Oct 16, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Adam Wainwright vs. Madison Bumgarner.
Oct 16, 2014, 3:28 PM EST
If you’re missing some Big Papi in your life, you’re in luck.
Oct 16, 2014, 1:11 AM EST
Letting Shelby Miller bat in the fourth was baffling, but it wasn’t Matheny’s only bad call in Game 4.
Oct 15, 2014, 9:34 PM EST
The Cardinals are trying to get the National League Championship Series back to St. Louis, and they’re off to a decent start here in Game 4 at AT&T Park.
Oct 15, 2014, 6:21 PM EST
Yadier Molina has remained on the Cardinals’ postseason roster despite suffering a strained left oblique in Game 2 of the NLCS — an injury that often takes over three weeks to recover from. But it doesn’t sound like we’ll be seeing him in St. Louis’ starting lineup for the remainder of this series.
Oct 15, 2014, 4:33 PM EST
Shelby Miller vs. Ryan Vogelsong.
Oct 14, 2014, 1:05 PM EST
Mike Matheny goes with A.J. Pierzynski as Yadier Molina’s replacement.
Oct 13, 2014, 6:18 PM EST
Yadier Molina was forced to exit Game 2 of the NLCS against the Giants last night due to an oblique injury, but Cardinals manager Mike Matheny confirmed this afternoon that he will remain on the team’s roster.
Oct 13, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
Neither option to replace Yadier Molina is appealing.
Oct 13, 2014, 12:59 AM EST
It’s better than being down 0-2, but…
Oct 12, 2014, 10:53 AM EST
Cardinals ace Adam Wainwright struggled in Game 1 of the NLCS on Saturday night against the Giants, allowing three runs — two earned — on six hits and three walks while failing to make it out of the top of the fifth. It’s quite obvious that the heavily-used 33-year-old right-hander is not close to 100 percent health.
Oct 10, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Pierzynski last played in the postseason for the White Sox in 2008.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 38
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)