Jul 19, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Jeff Francoeur played hero again for the Phillies on Sunday, helping them sweep the Marlins.
Jun 1, 2015, 11:15 PM EDT
Cishek saved 91 games for the Marlins between 2011-2014 while posting a 2.70 ERA, but he has an ugly 6.98 ERA and 17/10 K/BB ratio over 19 1/3 innings so far this season.
May 29, 2015, 8:35 PM EDT
The Mets will be without catcher Travis d’Arnaud a little while longer due to a bone bruise in his wrist.
May 12, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
Cishek has blown four saves and converted three saves this season.
Apr 25, 2015, 6:15 PM EDT
Watch Kevin Plawecki swat his first major league homer.
Apr 19, 2015, 4:17 PM EDT
The 26-year-old d’Arnaud had a terrific second half last season for New York and he was off to a very promising start in 2015, hitting .317/.356/.537 with two home runs and 10 RBI in 11 games played.
Mar 16, 2014, 12:14 AM EDT
It may be spring training, but no-hitters are always fun. Marlins pitchers Brad Hand, Steve Cishek, A.J. Ramos, and Arquimedes Camineros combined for nine innings of no-hit baseball against the Yankees. The game was played at Rod Carew Stadium in Panama as part of the “Legend Series”. Brad Hand started the game and went five…
Feb 7, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
We tried this with the rotations the other day. Once again, I’ll be dipping into my 2014 projections here to rank the bullpens. To come up with the following bullpen ERAs, I simply combined each team’s seven highest-IP relievers, according to my projections. AL Royals – 2.93 Red Sox – 3.14 Athletics – 3.16 Rangers…
Aug 24, 2013, 9:53 PM EDT
Jose Fernandez furthered his Rookie of the Year case Saturday, hurling seven scoreless innings versus the Rockies to improve to 10-5 on the season. A.J. Ramos and Steve Cishek finished the 3-0 shutout. Fernandez has overtaken Shelby Miller, Julio Teheran and Hyun-Jin Ryu over the last couple of months to head the rookie class of…
May 13, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Marlins reliever A.J. Ramos tried to eat a 12-egg omelet at the Broken Yolk in San Diego the other day. He failed: “It was really good with the chili and everything, but when you eat that much of anything it started tasting pretty bad,” Ramos said. “I saw a girl on [the wall], so I…
Apr 2, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
The AL had an historic Rookie of the Year class last year, but this year, the NL appears to have the stronger group of the two leagues. The one issue: a lot of these talents are likely to have to wait until June or July for their opportunities, if they come this year at all.…
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 59
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)