Aug 16, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
With a grand slam on Sunday, Ryan Braun tied Robin Yount for the most home runs as a Brewer with 251.
Jul 31, 2015, 7:34 AM EDT
In a night of several walkoffs — including a walkoff walk — Jason Castro had the biggest, helping Houston complete the sweep of the Angels.
Jul 2, 2015, 1:27 PM EDT
The dreaded plantar fasciitis.
Jun 12, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
The Tigers need to fill a void in the starting rotation after demoting Shane Greene to Triple-A on Friday.
May 19, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
Or: youth is a state of mind.
May 15, 2015, 6:47 AM EDT
The Rockies snapped their losing streak thanks to a late Carlos Gonzalez blast.
May 10, 2015, 3:43 PM EDT
Philadelphia entered play Sunday with an 11-20 record and there’s very little hope for a turnaround. It’s a rebuilding team, and Harang is on a one-year, $5 million free agent deal. He’s as good as gone.
May 5, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
An old friend returns to the site of his greatest triumphs.
Apr 18, 2015, 4:12 PM EDT
The home run traveled at a distance of 461 feet. My goodness.
Apr 9, 2015, 7:04 AM EDT
Six shutouts on Wednesday. Hope your day went better.
Apr 5, 2015, 10:40 PM EDT
It will be a while until the Red Sox and Rick Porcello sit back down to discuss a contract extension.
Mar 29, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
Ben Revere broke a promise to Rajai Davis when the Phillies’ left fielder robbed a home run.
Mar 13, 2015, 5:17 PM EDT
Harang was scratched from Saturday’s scheduled start.
Jan 5, 2015, 12:02 PM EDT
Harang had an ugly 2013 season, but bounced back nicely at age 36 to throw 204 innings with a 3.57 ERA and 161/71 K/BB ratio for the Braves.
Dec 31, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Can we maybe go back to “kicking the tires” or “aggressively pursuing?”
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 18, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Get excited, I guess.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Aug 9, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday in MLB, including a long-awaited win for the Braves.
Jul 6, 2014, 8:58 AM EDT
Aaron Harang was far from dominant and Andrelton Simmons made a rare pair of bad errors at shortstop, but the Braves produced 10 runs on 14 hits Saturday to beat the Diamondbacks. It was the ninth win in a row for Atlanta — the top dog in the National League East by 1 1/2 games.
May 12, 2014, 6:33 AM EDT
Derek Norris smacked two homers and Gio Gonzalez flashed some Natitude
May 4, 2014, 12:14 PM EDT
Gavin Floyd was activated from the disabled list Sunday morning after a 12-month recovery from Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery and will make a spot start for the Braves on Tuesday in Atlanta against the visiting Cardinals.
May 2, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
Jarrod Saltalamacchia is bemused by the Braves’ accusation that his team stole signs to aid in their recent three-game sweep.
May 2, 2014, 9:11 AM EDT
Miami just swept a three-game home series against Atlanta and afterward several Braves players and manager Fredi Gonzalez all but accused the Marlins of stealing signs.
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 1
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 75
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 53
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)