Apr 9, 2015, 7:04 AM EDT
Six shutouts on Wednesday. Hope your day went better.
Mar 22, 2015, 11:20 AM EDT
Blue Jays manager John Gibbons announced Sunday morning in Dunedin, Florida that Brett Cecil will open the 2015 regular season as the team’s closer.
Aug 9, 2014, 4:26 PM EDT
Casey Janssen blew a save for the Blue Jays last night. Today it was Joe Nathan’s turn.
May 3, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
The Blue Jays will rely on a closer-by-committee after removing Sergio Santos from the closer’s role.
Feb 7, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
We tried this with the rotations the other day. Once again, I’ll be dipping into my 2014 projections here to rank the bullpens. To come up with the following bullpen ERAs, I simply combined each team’s seven highest-IP relievers, according to my projections. AL Royals – 2.93 Red Sox – 3.14 Athletics – 3.16 Rangers…
Jul 24, 2013, 12:57 AM EDT
After holding a players only meeting earlier in the day, the Blue Jays were up on the Dodgers 8-3 after six innings Tuesday night, only to give up seven runs in the seventh and eighth innings to lose 10-9. It was their sixth straight defeat. Even the All-Star setup crew is getting into the action…
Jul 12, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
The Padres gave their fans some good news today, activating second baseman Jedd Gyorko and first baseman Yonder Alonso from the disabled list. Both are in tonight’s starting lineup against the Giants. Gyorko had been on the disabled list since June 10 with a strained right groin. He had safely hit in 13 of 14…
Jun 8, 2013, 7:40 PM EDT
The Rangers, Blue Jays, Marlins, and Mets combined for 38 innings of baseball as the four teams engaged in two marathon games this afternoon. The Jays defeated the Rangers 4-3 in 18 innings while the Marlins emerged victorious over the Mets 2-1 in 20 innings. It is the Jays’ second game lasting at least 17…
Apr 23, 2013, 6:46 AM EDT
Red Sox 9, Athletics 6: Just yesterday Mike Napoli was named player of the week for last week. He’s making a bid for a repeat now, hitting a grand slam and driving in five runs here. Overall he has 25 RBI in 19 games. Orioles 2, Blue Jays 1: Chris Tillman had a one hitter…
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 7
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 8
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)