Jun 20, 2015, 10:57 AM EDT
The Blue Jays were linked to Francisco Rodriguez when he was a free agent over the winter and now the team has reportedly been in contact with the Brewers about a trade.
Apr 28, 2015, 7:58 PM EDT
Brett Cecil was removed from the Blue Jays’ ninth-inning role just a few days into the 2015 regular season after blowing a save on April 8 at Yankee Stadium, but Toronto management has now turned back to the 28-year-old left-hander after watching 20-year-old righties Roberto Osuna and Miguel Castro fail to get the job done Monday night at Fenway Park.
Apr 23, 2015, 7:37 AM EDT
Roberto Kelly is all like “Me? I didn’t do nothin’?” And Mattingly is all like “dude, really?” And Blanco is all like “[whistles innocently]”
Mar 30, 2015, 8:33 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this one before, but the Blue Jays look like a club that’ll mash the hell out of the ball but have a hard time with run prevention.
Mar 22, 2015, 11:20 AM EDT
Blue Jays manager John Gibbons announced Sunday morning in Dunedin, Florida that Brett Cecil will open the 2015 regular season as the team’s closer.
Mar 19, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
Stroman appeared primed for a breakout year in Toronto’s rotation.
Mar 10, 2015, 2:40 PM EDT
Stroman seemed set for a breakout, star-making year after looking good as a rookie last season.
Mar 7, 2015, 10:02 AM EDT
Cecil is trying to secure the Blue Jays’ closer gig this spring, but he’ll be shut down for a few days.
Nov 2, 2014, 4:12 PM EDT
The Blue Jays sent first baseman Adam Lind to the Brewers on Saturday for right-hander Marco Estrada, clearing up some payroll space and adding depth to their starting pitching staff. Now the Jays may deal from that pitching depth to fill another area of need.
Aug 30, 2014, 4:29 PM EDT
Drew Hutchison and Aaron Sanchez shut down the Jacoby Ellsbury-less Yankees.
Aug 17, 2014, 10:59 AM EDT
Blue Jays general manager Alex Anthopoulos is expected to be back for the 2015 season despite a disappointing second half (so far) in 2014 …
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 171
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 70
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (172)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)