Aug 15, 2015, 9:25 AM EDT
Carlos Beltran crushed an Aaron Sanchez fastball to put the Yankees up late over the Blue Jays on Friday night.
Aug 15, 2015, 8:35 AM EDT
The Yankees ended a scoreless streak against the Blue Jays and took back first place in the AL East on Friday.
Aug 5, 2015, 7:32 PM EDT
Blue Jays reliever Aaron Sanchez was handed a three-game suspension from Major League Baseball on Tuesday for his role in Sunday’s plunkfest with the Royals.
Aug 4, 2015, 3:12 PM EDT
No Royals were suspended.
Aug 3, 2015, 5:00 AM EDT
Lots of walkoffs, lots of guys throwing at other guys and, oh yeah, the Mets are in first place.
Aug 2, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
It’s safe to say the Royals and Blue Jays won’t be getting dinner with each other anytime soon.
Aug 2, 2015, 4:27 PM EDT
The Blue Jays and Royals weren’t very friendly to each other on Sunday.
Jun 20, 2015, 10:57 AM EDT
The Blue Jays were linked to Francisco Rodriguez when he was a free agent over the winter and now the team has reportedly been in contact with the Brewers about a trade.
Apr 28, 2015, 7:58 PM EDT
Brett Cecil was removed from the Blue Jays’ ninth-inning role just a few days into the 2015 regular season after blowing a save on April 8 at Yankee Stadium, but Toronto management has now turned back to the 28-year-old left-hander after watching 20-year-old righties Roberto Osuna and Miguel Castro fail to get the job done Monday night at Fenway Park.
Apr 23, 2015, 7:37 AM EDT
Roberto Kelly is all like “Me? I didn’t do nothin’?” And Mattingly is all like “dude, really?” And Blanco is all like “[whistles innocently]”
Mar 30, 2015, 8:33 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this one before, but the Blue Jays look like a club that’ll mash the hell out of the ball but have a hard time with run prevention.
Mar 22, 2015, 11:20 AM EDT
Blue Jays manager John Gibbons announced Sunday morning in Dunedin, Florida that Brett Cecil will open the 2015 regular season as the team’s closer.
Mar 19, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
Stroman appeared primed for a breakout year in Toronto’s rotation.
Mar 10, 2015, 2:40 PM EDT
Stroman seemed set for a breakout, star-making year after looking good as a rookie last season.
Mar 7, 2015, 10:02 AM EDT
Cecil is trying to secure the Blue Jays’ closer gig this spring, but he’ll be shut down for a few days.
Nov 2, 2014, 4:12 PM EDT
The Blue Jays sent first baseman Adam Lind to the Brewers on Saturday for right-hander Marco Estrada, clearing up some payroll space and adding depth to their starting pitching staff. Now the Jays may deal from that pitching depth to fill another area of need.
Aug 30, 2014, 4:29 PM EDT
Drew Hutchison and Aaron Sanchez shut down the Jacoby Ellsbury-less Yankees.
Aug 17, 2014, 10:59 AM EDT
Blue Jays general manager Alex Anthopoulos is expected to be back for the 2015 season despite a disappointing second half (so far) in 2014 …
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 20
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)