Sep 2, 2014, 7:10 AM EDT
Four Phillies combine for the no-no. I’m actually surprised we haven’t seen more of these in recent years.
Sep 1, 2014, 8:12 PM EDT
Acquired from the White Sox on Sunday, Adam Dunn made an instant impact in his A’s debut this afternoon.
Aug 31, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Adam Dunn is ready to call it a career, he told the media on Sunday after he was traded from the White Sox to the Athletics.
Aug 31, 2014, 11:49 AM EDT
The A’s announced Sunday morning that they have acquired veteran designated hitter Adam Dunn from the White Sox for minor league reliever Nolan Sanburn.
Aug 31, 2014, 10:01 AM EDT
White Sox veteran slugger Adam Dunn appears willing to waive his no-trade clause and join a contending team for his first taste of postseason baseball …
Aug 30, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
The White Sox are reportedly interested in signing Victor Martinez away from a division rival.
Aug 29, 2014, 3:27 PM EDT
There can be only THREE!! True outcomes, that is.
Aug 19, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
“I’m not a 22-year-old single guy anymore. There are a lot of things that play into coming back and your decision.”
Aug 13, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
It’s fun to play God.
Aug 6, 2014, 3:58 PM EDT
Adam Dunn probably will hit 500 home runs, but that doesn’t mean he should be a Hall of Famer.
Aug 6, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
The Big Donkey took the hill. And it was fantastic.
Aug 6, 2014, 7:07 AM EDT
Welcome to the Tigers, David Price. Welcome to the big leagues Javier Baez.
Jul 22, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
I tend to think he is, but I feel like most of you disagree.
Jul 16, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
What contenders are just a pretenders? Who needs to make a big trade? Who actually WILL make a big trade? Come on in for all of your second half preview needs.
Jul 9, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
I mean, maybe he can act, but it’s probably better that he’s playing baseball.
Jul 8, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
The trade deadline is rapidly approaching and Rick Hahn already has his poker face on.
Jun 27, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
Mike Trout hit a jaw-dropping 489-foot home run in the first inning of Friday’s game against the Royals.
Jun 19, 2014, 6:17 AM EDT
Clayton Kershaw was nearly perfect. And, at least by one measure, was better than a lot of guys who have thrown perfect games.
Jun 9, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Jose Abreu has made a good first impression on Albert Pujols and it has nothing to do with his home run total.
May 21, 2014, 6:54 AM EDT
On HBT Daily yesterday I said Johnny Cueto would give up more than two runs in a game before Masahiro Tanaka got his first loss. Both happened yesterday, but I’m pretty sure the Nats got their third run off Cueto before the Yankees-Cubs game ended, so I’m gonna claim victory.
May 19, 2014, 6:16 PM EDT
MLB’s home run leader, Jose Abreu, was placed on the disabled list over the weekend with posterior tibia tendinitis in his left ankle, but it sounds like he might not have to miss much time.
May 18, 2014, 12:23 PM EDT
The White Sox got Adam Eaton back from a hamstring injury but lost Jose Abreu to an ankle injury.
May 17, 2014, 2:38 PM EDT
Baseball is on pace for more shutouts this year than any season in the history of the game. But the problem isn’t the lack of scoring. It’s the lack of action.
May 10, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Reds third baseman Todd Frazier hit a 485-foot homer off Rockies right-hander Jhoulys Chacin last night.
Apr 28, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Adam Dunn made a nice gesture for a rookie who made his debut yesterday.
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 43
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 33
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 19
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (75)