May 19, 2015, 8:32 PM EDT
Mariners outfielder Seth Smith hit a leadoff homer in the top of the first inning Tuesday off Orioles starter Miguel Gonzalez. And then he took one away from Adam Jones in the bottom half …
May 12, 2015, 6:48 AM EDT
Scott Van Slyke messed up, atoned and then atoned again for extra measure.
May 4, 2015, 7:24 AM EDT
Some late-inning heroics. Extra-innings heroics, actually. Like baseball is some kind of gosh darned after hours club or something.
Apr 26, 2015, 9:51 AM EDT
It was a long, tense Saturday night at Baltimore’s Camden Yards, where the home team needed extra innings to beat the Red Sox inside the park and thousands of protesters angry over the death of Freddie Gray made their presence felt outside.
Apr 22, 2015, 9:05 AM EDT
This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.
Apr 22, 2015, 6:50 AM EDT
Runs in bunches and three nice nights from three former heroes who, it turns out, were only mostly dead.
Apr 15, 2015, 7:28 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this one: the Nationals defense stunk.
Mar 23, 2015, 1:13 PM EDT
Pinto will be held out of baseball activities for at least 4-5 days.
Mar 18, 2015, 6:18 AM EDT
Adam Jones is a fine baseball player, but making a head-to-head comp between him and Trout and going with Jones is . . . special.
Jan 10, 2015, 11:51 PM EDT
Adam Jones and David Ortiz made a friendly wager on Saturday’s playoff game between the Ravens and Patriots. The loser would make a $5,000 donation to the winner’s charity.
Dec 3, 2014, 9:42 PM EDT
Here is Adam Jones’ reaction to the Orioles letting longtime teammate Nick Markakis walk as a free agent …
Nov 4, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
The 2014 Rawlings Gold Glove Award recipients are being revealed during an hour-long special airing right now (7:00 p.m. ET) on ESPN2. We will list all of the winners here, position-by-position, as they are announced by the Baseball Tonight crew …
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 15, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Miguel Gonzalez vs. Jason Vargas.
Oct 14, 2014, 10:26 PM EDT
A leadoff single from Norichika Aoki, a one-out single from Eric Hosmer, and then an RBI sacrifice fly to deep left field by Billy Butler has given the Royals their first lead of this ALCS Game 3 at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City.
Oct 14, 2014, 5:47 PM EDT
Jeremy Guthrie vs. Wei-Yin Chen.
Oct 13, 2014, 9:39 AM EDT
And he says the Orioles probably don’t think it is either.
Oct 11, 2014, 1:17 PM EDT
Yordano Ventura vs. Bud Norris.
Oct 10, 2014, 10:31 PM EDT
The Orioles fell behind 5-1 but a three-run fifth inning helped them pull to within one run of the Royals in Game 1 of the ALCS.
Oct 10, 2014, 10:05 PM EDT
Chris Tillman didn’t go nearly as deep into his ALCS Game 1 start against the Royals as the Orioles had hoped. He failed to make it out of the fifth inning on Friday.
Oct 10, 2014, 9:18 PM EDT
The Royals battered Orioles starter Chris Tillman for four runs in the third inning of ALCS Game 1.
Oct 10, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
James Shields vs. Chris Tillman.
Oct 5, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
The Orioles took a 2-0 lead in the sixth inning of ALDS Game 3 against the Tigers thanks to Nelson Cruz’s two-run home run off of David Price.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 16
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 45
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 91
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)