Aug 21, 2015, 7:22 AM EDT
Both Texas teams were on the wrong end of one-hit shutouts last night, the Rangers by Alfredo Simon, the Astros by Chris Archer.
Aug 1, 2015, 9:33 AM EDT
With the White Sox losing in a rout to the Yankees last night, Adam LaRoche got a chance to pitch for the first time in his major league career. And he was pretty good too, retiring the side in order.
Jul 30, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
It wasn’t too long ago that we were talking about the White Sox as sellers, but now they are trying to buy a big bat.
Jul 29, 2015, 9:37 AM EDT
And why on Earth did Bobby Cox wear a cup for every game? What was he possibly expecting?
Jun 28, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
Was it . . . dreaded?
Jun 6, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
This is the Tigers’ longest losing streak since 2005.
Jun 2, 2015, 9:24 PM EDT
Gallo registered a pair of 40-homer seasons in the minor leagues and is now having an immediate impact as Adrian Beltre’s temporary fill-in at third base.
May 28, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
Seven and two-thirds innings, 12 strikeouts and nothin’ else doin’.
May 28, 2015, 7:28 AM EDT
Noah Syndergaard did it all.
May 3, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
White Sox manager Robin Ventura has taken some heat for the team’s slow start, but first baseman Jose Abreu stuck up for him.
Apr 13, 2015, 7:02 AM EDT
Two homers in one game entitles Miguel Cabrera to some flex time.
Apr 2, 2015, 8:24 PM EDT
This video might make some of you feel old, but it’s mostly just precious and awesome.
Mar 27, 2015, 3:20 PM EDT
Should we be taking the rebuilt White Sox seriously as contenders?
Mar 1, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
Bryce Harper wants to do more to help out on offense for the Nationals.
Feb 28, 2015, 1:03 PM EDT
Sale suffered the injury unloading something off the back of his truck on Friday.
Jan 16, 2015, 6:34 PM EDT
The White Sox and Jeff Samardzija avoided an arbitration hearing, agreeing on a $9.8 million salary for the 2015 season.
Jan 12, 2015, 5:38 PM EDT
There’s been lots of speculation that the White Sox will trade Dayan Viciedo.
Jan 12, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Andy LaRoche was once considered a top prospect in the Dodgers farm system.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 15, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
“Everyone thinks you just go over to first base and kind of hide him there, but it’s a tough position.”
Dec 14, 2014, 12:26 AM EDT
Melky Cabrera is headed to the White Sox on a three-year deal, pending a physical.
Dec 9, 2014, 12:42 AM EDT
As first reported by USA Today’s Bob Nightengale, the White Sox have agreed to terms on a four-year pact with free agent reliever David Robertson. CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman says it’s worth $46 million.
Nov 21, 2014, 7:35 PM EDT
The White Sox have signed first baseman Adam LaRoche to a two-year, $25 million deal.
Nov 19, 2014, 9:22 PM EDT
The Marlins have some money to spend, and free agent first baseman Adam LaRoche appears to be among their targets.
Nov 18, 2014, 10:17 PM EDT
ESPN’s Jayson Stark reported Tuesday afternoon that the Marlins have shown “aggressive interest” in free agent first baseman Adam LaRoche. Now we can go ahead and add a few more teams to the list.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)