Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 18, 2014, 9:40 PM EDT
In Adam LaRoche’s ideal world, he would finish out the rest of his career with the Nationals. Unfortunately for him, the Nationals are expected to move Ryan Zimmerman to first base.
Oct 9, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
A move to first base looks likely for the longtime third baseman.
Oct 8, 2014, 1:28 AM EDT
Few changes are needed for the club with the NL’s best record in 2014.
Oct 7, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
Gio Gonzalez vs. Ryan Vogelsong.
Oct 6, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
Doug Fister vs. Madison Bumgarner.
Oct 6, 2014, 9:42 AM EDT
Ryan Zimmerman is likely to get the start today. Who sits? Harper, Denard Span or Adam LaRoche?
Oct 5, 2014, 7:04 PM EDT
Matt Williams says he kicked himself “all night” for taking out Jordan Zimmermann with two outs in the ninth inning in Game 2 of the NLDS against the Giants on Saturday night. But was his decision really wrong?
Oct 5, 2014, 1:02 AM EDT
Jordan Zimmermann versus Drew Storen was not a gimme.
Oct 4, 2014, 2:38 PM EDT
Tim Hudson vs. Jordan Zimmermann.
Oct 3, 2014, 7:24 PM EDT
Jake Peavy was excellent on Friday as he helped pitch the Giants past the Nationals to take a 1-0 lead in the NLDS.
Oct 3, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Jake Peavy vs. Stephen Strasburg.
Oct 3, 2014, 11:40 AM EDT
It’s rather surprising to see Soriano there.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:59 AM EDT
Let’s meet our ten playoff teams and assess their strengths, weaknesses and overall outlook.
Sep 22, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
LaRoche has bounced back nicely from a down season in 2013, hitting .255 with 25 homers and a career-high 80 walks on the way to an .811 OPS.
Sep 15, 2014, 11:23 AM EDT
Six finalists — one from each division — were named today and will now be subject for a player vote to determine the winner.
Sep 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
On a somewhat ugly night in Major League Baseball Chris Young plays the hero.
Sep 8, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
A third of all of yesterday’s games were shutouts. Three dudes had two-homer games. Happy 2014.
Sep 4, 2014, 7:07 AM EDT
A lesson in why you do not want to have to face the Mariners in the wild card game.
Sep 3, 2014, 11:50 PM EDT
Adam LaRoche joined Harold Baines in rarefied air with his performance against the Dodgers on Wednesday, knocking in five runs after entering the game in the ninth inning as a pinch-hitter.
Aug 19, 2014, 6:42 AM EDT
The Nats win the close ones. They win the not-so-close ones. They win the tame ones. And last night, they won a wild one.
Aug 18, 2014, 11:01 PM EDT
The Nationals have won seven straight, including three in a row in walk-off fashion.
Aug 15, 2014, 7:05 AM EDT
Striking out 14 guys and/or scoring seven runs: strongly correlated with winning games.
Aug 7, 2014, 6:53 AM EDT
Joe Kelly gave his old mates fits. Well, maybe he gave them fits before too. Maybe they weren’t his mates. Maybe there were long-simmering disputes between him and the Cardinals about politics and religion and things. We can’t know!
Aug 6, 2014, 10:21 PM EDT
Doug Fister allowed just one (unearned) run over 7 1/3 innings and Adam LaRoche launched a pair of home runs as the Nationals bested the visiting Mets 7-1 on Wednesday night in Washington, D.C.
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 9
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 1
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 11
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 141
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (141)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)