Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 14, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
Allen Craig had a horrendous 2014 season, batting just .215/.279/.315 with eight home runs and 46 RBI in 126 games between the Cardinals and Red Sox. But he was among the most productive hitters in baseball between 2011-2013 …
Nov 25, 2014, 9:55 AM EST
The Padres are sniffing around too.
Nov 11, 2014, 8:26 PM EST
Who might want a designated hitter this winter?
Nov 2, 2014, 4:12 PM EST
The Blue Jays sent first baseman Adam Lind to the Brewers on Saturday for right-hander Marco Estrada, clearing up some payroll space and adding depth to their starting pitching staff. Now the Jays may deal from that pitching depth to fill another area of need.
Nov 1, 2014, 3:13 PM EST
While the Blue Jays declined Justin Smoak’s option, he is still under team control for one more season and will now go through the arbitration process.
Nov 1, 2014, 2:22 PM EST
Lind, 31, batted .321/.381/.479 with six home runs and 40 RBI over 96 games this season.
Nov 1, 2014, 1:10 PM EST
This week’s acquisition of Justin Smoak clouds Adam Lind’s future in Toronto, but the Blue Jays have exercised his cub option for 2015.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 28, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
Smoak was a bust in Seattle.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
Will the Blue Jays trade Lind after he hit .321 this season?
Sep 23, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
This season can’t end soon enough for some teams.
Sep 19, 2014, 7:50 PM EST
Jose Bautista offended Yankees reliever Shawn Kelley with his celebratory behavior after hitting a game-tying two-run home run in the eighth inning of last night’s game.
Sep 4, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
A lesson in why you do not want to have to face the Mariners in the wild card game.
Aug 12, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Prior to the injury Lind was having his second straight strong season following a three-year rough patch from 2010-2012, hitting a career-high .320 with an .878 OPS that ranks as the second-best mark of his career despite just four homers in 61 games.
Aug 1, 2014, 7:05 PM EST
Brett Lawrie has been sidelined since June 22 due to a broken right index finger.
Jul 17, 2014, 7:32 PM EST
In search of offense amid the injuries to Edwin Encarnacion, Adam Lind, and Brett Lawrie, the Blue Jays have checked in on the recently-released Alfonso Soriano.
Jul 14, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The former top prospect is on the move again.
Jul 12, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
A pair of neck surgeries limited Nolan Reimold to just 56 games between 2012-2013 and now he’s dealing with a calf strain.
Jul 11, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
Dan Johnson, perpetually bouncing back and forth from Triple-A to the majors, is now in the big leagues again with the Blue Jays.
Jul 9, 2014, 8:52 PM EST
Some rough news here for the slumping Blue Jays. MLB.com’s Gregor Chisholm reports Adam Lind has been diagnosed with a non-displaced fracture in his right foot and is expected to miss the next 6-8 weeks.
Jul 5, 2014, 10:32 PM EST
Edwin Encarnacion was in considerable pain after beating out a ground ball double play to score a run. The Blue Jays are referring to it as right quadriceps soreness.
Jul 1, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Bautista is leading the American League in All-Star votes with nearly five million and also leads the league in walks and on-base percentage while hitting .304 with 15 homers and a .956 OPS in 78 games.
Jun 27, 2014, 6:51 AM EST
Dear Chase: I feel like I can call you Chase because you and me are so alike. I’d like to meet you one day, it would be great to have a catch. I know I can’t throw as fast as you but I think you’d be impressed with my speed.
Jun 24, 2014, 6:44 AM EST
Two guys had multiple homer games last night. Four teams got shutout. Just another night in the all-or-nothing age of Major League Baseball
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 43
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 36
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 117
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)