May 20, 2015, 6:38 AM EDT
A walkoff win in Washington has the Nats in first place.
Apr 26, 2015, 12:15 PM EDT
Cardinals right-hander Mitch Harris is the first graduate of the United States Naval Academy to appear in a major league game since 1921.
Mar 30, 2015, 8:33 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this one before, but the Blue Jays look like a club that’ll mash the hell out of the ball but have a hard time with run prevention.
Mar 19, 2015, 8:43 PM EDT
This was a top-heavy group last year and it killed them down the stretch. It’s top-heavy again in 2015.
Feb 25, 2015, 1:20 PM EDT
Rasmus, that is.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 14, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Allen Craig had a horrendous 2014 season, batting just .215/.279/.315 with eight home runs and 46 RBI in 126 games between the Cardinals and Red Sox. But he was among the most productive hitters in baseball between 2011-2013 …
Nov 25, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT
The Padres are sniffing around too.
Nov 11, 2014, 8:26 PM EDT
Who might want a designated hitter this winter?
Nov 2, 2014, 4:12 PM EDT
The Blue Jays sent first baseman Adam Lind to the Brewers on Saturday for right-hander Marco Estrada, clearing up some payroll space and adding depth to their starting pitching staff. Now the Jays may deal from that pitching depth to fill another area of need.
Nov 1, 2014, 3:13 PM EDT
While the Blue Jays declined Justin Smoak’s option, he is still under team control for one more season and will now go through the arbitration process.
Nov 1, 2014, 2:22 PM EDT
Lind, 31, batted .321/.381/.479 with six home runs and 40 RBI over 96 games this season.
Nov 1, 2014, 1:10 PM EDT
This week’s acquisition of Justin Smoak clouds Adam Lind’s future in Toronto, but the Blue Jays have exercised his cub option for 2015.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 28, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
Smoak was a bust in Seattle.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Will the Blue Jays trade Lind after he hit .321 this season?
Sep 23, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
This season can’t end soon enough for some teams.
Sep 19, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
Jose Bautista offended Yankees reliever Shawn Kelley with his celebratory behavior after hitting a game-tying two-run home run in the eighth inning of last night’s game.
Sep 4, 2014, 7:07 AM EDT
A lesson in why you do not want to have to face the Mariners in the wild card game.
Aug 12, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Prior to the injury Lind was having his second straight strong season following a three-year rough patch from 2010-2012, hitting a career-high .320 with an .878 OPS that ranks as the second-best mark of his career despite just four homers in 61 games.
Aug 1, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
Brett Lawrie has been sidelined since June 22 due to a broken right index finger.
Jul 17, 2014, 7:32 PM EDT
In search of offense amid the injuries to Edwin Encarnacion, Adam Lind, and Brett Lawrie, the Blue Jays have checked in on the recently-released Alfonso Soriano.
Jul 14, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The former top prospect is on the move again.
Jul 12, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
A pair of neck surgeries limited Nolan Reimold to just 56 games between 2012-2013 and now he’s dealing with a calf strain.
Jul 11, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Dan Johnson, perpetually bouncing back and forth from Triple-A to the majors, is now in the big leagues again with the Blue Jays.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)