Jul 29, 2015, 9:31 PM EDT
It’s now even more imperative that St. Louis general manager John Mozeliak secures a first baseman before the July 31 trade deadline.
Jul 2, 2015, 7:22 AM EDT
This is what your face looks like when you give up your first hit of the game with two outs in the ninth inning.
May 20, 2015, 6:38 AM EDT
A walkoff win in Washington has the Nats in first place.
Apr 26, 2015, 12:15 PM EDT
Cardinals right-hander Mitch Harris is the first graduate of the United States Naval Academy to appear in a major league game since 1921.
Mar 30, 2015, 8:33 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this one before, but the Blue Jays look like a club that’ll mash the hell out of the ball but have a hard time with run prevention.
Mar 19, 2015, 8:43 PM EDT
This was a top-heavy group last year and it killed them down the stretch. It’s top-heavy again in 2015.
Feb 25, 2015, 1:20 PM EDT
Rasmus, that is.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 14, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Allen Craig had a horrendous 2014 season, batting just .215/.279/.315 with eight home runs and 46 RBI in 126 games between the Cardinals and Red Sox. But he was among the most productive hitters in baseball between 2011-2013 …
Nov 25, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT
The Padres are sniffing around too.
Nov 11, 2014, 8:26 PM EDT
Who might want a designated hitter this winter?
Nov 2, 2014, 4:12 PM EDT
The Blue Jays sent first baseman Adam Lind to the Brewers on Saturday for right-hander Marco Estrada, clearing up some payroll space and adding depth to their starting pitching staff. Now the Jays may deal from that pitching depth to fill another area of need.
Nov 1, 2014, 3:13 PM EDT
While the Blue Jays declined Justin Smoak’s option, he is still under team control for one more season and will now go through the arbitration process.
Nov 1, 2014, 2:22 PM EDT
Lind, 31, batted .321/.381/.479 with six home runs and 40 RBI over 96 games this season.
Nov 1, 2014, 1:10 PM EDT
This week’s acquisition of Justin Smoak clouds Adam Lind’s future in Toronto, but the Blue Jays have exercised his cub option for 2015.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 28, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
Smoak was a bust in Seattle.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Will the Blue Jays trade Lind after he hit .321 this season?
Sep 23, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
This season can’t end soon enough for some teams.
Sep 19, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
Jose Bautista offended Yankees reliever Shawn Kelley with his celebratory behavior after hitting a game-tying two-run home run in the eighth inning of last night’s game.
Sep 4, 2014, 7:07 AM EDT
A lesson in why you do not want to have to face the Mariners in the wild card game.
Aug 12, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Prior to the injury Lind was having his second straight strong season following a three-year rough patch from 2010-2012, hitting a career-high .320 with an .878 OPS that ranks as the second-best mark of his career despite just four homers in 61 games.
Aug 1, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
Brett Lawrie has been sidelined since June 22 due to a broken right index finger.
Jul 17, 2014, 7:32 PM EDT
In search of offense amid the injuries to Edwin Encarnacion, Adam Lind, and Brett Lawrie, the Blue Jays have checked in on the recently-released Alfonso Soriano.
Jul 14, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The former top prospect is on the move again.
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 0
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 7
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 33
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 40
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 182
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (182)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)