Nov 18, 2014, 6:25 PM EST
Might the Cardinals be a darkhorse in the Jon Lester sweepstakes? Jim Bowden of ESPN and SiriusXM says they are “in pursuit,” citing a club source.
Nov 12, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
In the least-surprising result of this award season, Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw has been named the 2014 Cy Young Award winner in the National League by the Baseball Writers Association of America. It was a unanimous vote — the first since Tigers righty Justin Verlander won unanimously in 2011.
Nov 4, 2014, 6:02 PM EST
The Baseball Writers Association of America (BBWAA) is announcing the top three finalists for American League and National League Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year, Cy Young, and Most Valuable Player during a one-hour special airing right now (6:00 p.m. ET) on MLB Network. We will post those names here as they are rolled out …
Oct 24, 2014, 4:23 PM EST
Earlier this week the Cardinals insisted there was nothing wrong with Adam Wainwright’s elbow and he wouldn’t require surgery.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 20, 2014, 11:01 PM EST
The Cardinals expect that Wainwright will benefit from normal rest during the offseason.
Oct 16, 2014, 11:20 PM EST
The Giants are headed to the World Series for the third time in the past five seasons.
Oct 16, 2014, 10:44 PM EST
We have a brand new ballgame in San Francisco.
Oct 16, 2014, 9:36 PM EST
Game 5 of the NLCS has already been a wild, seesaw affair.
Oct 16, 2014, 9:02 PM EST
The Cardinals are one loss away from elimination, but they have grabbed an early lead in Game 5 of the NLCS against the Giants.
Oct 16, 2014, 7:09 PM EST
Yadier Molina hasn’t played since suffering a left oblique strain in Game 2 of the NLCS against the Giants on Sunday.
Oct 16, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Adam Wainwright vs. Madison Bumgarner.
Oct 16, 2014, 7:40 AM EST
It’s do or die time for Mike Matheny and the Cardinals.
Oct 16, 2014, 12:03 AM EST
Madison Bumgarner — the hottest starting pitcher remaining in this postseason — can pitch the Giants to the 2014 World Series with a victory in Game 5 of the NLCS on Thursday night in San Francisco.
Oct 15, 2014, 8:35 PM EST
There was a tone of optimism in the veteran’s voice after he completed a successful bullpen session Wednesday afternoon at San Francisco’s AT&T Park.
Oct 13, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
No pitcher has worked more over the past three season than Adam Wainwright.
Oct 13, 2014, 12:59 AM EST
It’s better than being down 0-2, but…
Oct 12, 2014, 4:31 PM EST
Here are the starting lineups for Game 2 of the NLCS on Sunday night at Busch Stadium in St. Louis …
Oct 12, 2014, 10:53 AM EST
Cardinals ace Adam Wainwright struggled in Game 1 of the NLCS on Saturday night against the Giants, allowing three runs — two earned — on six hits and three walks while failing to make it out of the top of the fifth. It’s quite obvious that the heavily-used 33-year-old right-hander is not close to 100 percent health.
Oct 11, 2014, 11:32 PM EST
The Giants had an easy time taking care of the Cardinals in Game 1 of the NLCS thanks to another strong start from Madison Bumgarner.
Oct 11, 2014, 10:02 PM EST
Once again, Adam Wainwright was shaky in a post-season start for the Cardinals, this time in Game 1 of the NLCS against the Giants.
Oct 11, 2014, 8:49 PM EST
The Giants were able to plate a pair of runs in the second inning of NLCS Game 1 against Cardinals ace Adam Wainwright.
Oct 11, 2014, 4:40 PM EST
Madison Bumgarner vs. Adam Wainwright
Oct 10, 2014, 10:00 PM EST
Adam Wainwright isn’t concerned about his barking right elbow going into his NLCS Game 1 start against the Giants.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)