Nov 15, 2014, 9:35 PM EST
The Yankees are making it a top priority to bring back closer David Robertson.
May 22, 2014, 6:55 AM EST
Well, that’s something you don’t see every day.
Apr 19, 2014, 11:01 AM EST
Cesar Cabral was ejected after hitting three batters Friday against the Rays. And then his night got worse.
Apr 8, 2014, 12:46 PM EST
David Robertson was the easy choice to replace Mariano Rivera as the Yankees’ closer, but now that Robertson is out with a groin injury manager Joe Girardi isn’t sure who’ll be taking over ninth-inning duties.
Mar 8, 2014, 10:02 AM EST
Dogged by shoulder issues, Michael Pineda has yet to throw a regular season pitch for the Yankees since being acquired from the Mariners two offseasons ago, but he showed a glimpse of his old form last night. Making his spring debut, Pineda tossed two scoreless innings in a Grapefruit League game against the Tigers. Topping…
Aug 28, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
Phil Hughes hasn’t drawn any interest on the trade market and with free agency right around the corner it sounds like the Yankees are just about ready to dump him from the rotation. Hughes failed to make it out of the fifth inning yesterday against the Blue Jays, falling to 4-13 with a 4.91 ERA…
Jun 14, 2013, 8:55 PM EST
Yankees third baseman Kevin Youkilis played in all 18 innings of yesterday’s affair with the Oakland Athletics, then woke up this morning with numbness in his foot. As a result, the Yankees have placed him on the 15-day disabled list and will have him see a specialist over the weekend, per the YES Network. Youkilis…
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 18
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 30
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 81
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)