Aug 30, 2015, 10:24 AM EDT
Baez batted just .169/.227/.324 and racked up a whopping 95 strikeouts in 52 games last season for the Cubs, but he’s made great strides with his plate approach this year on the farm and he could slide his way into regular playing time in Chicago if he hits well out of the gate.
Aug 27, 2015, 8:38 AM EDT
This is why Starlin Castro does not have the shortstop gig anymore.
Aug 12, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
A trade still seems likely at some point.
Jul 30, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
He’s signed through 2019.
Jul 25, 2015, 5:53 PM EDT
Cole Hamels is dealing against the Cubs in what could be his final start as a member of the Phillies.
There was a bad call in the Cardinals-Cubs game last night and the current replay system made it possible.
Jul 8, 2015, 8:17 AM EDT
An inexcusable call that was the product of a system that prevents us from second-guessing field umps in far too many situations.
Jul 8, 2015, 7:26 AM EDT
Johnny Cueto could make a huge difference in the second half. Even if it isn’t for the Cincinnati Reds.
Jun 15, 2015, 11:31 AM EDT
It’s a helluva time to be a prospect buff.
Jun 13, 2015, 9:29 PM EDT
Indians prospect Francisco Lindor is getting the call up to the show.
Jun 7, 2015, 8:04 PM EDT
Cubs prospect Javier Baez suffered a fractured left ring finger on Sunday during a Triple-A game.
May 27, 2015, 9:52 AM EDT
It smacked off the new video board at Wrigley Field, depriving the folks on Waveland Avenue of a home run ball.
May 27, 2015, 7:21 AM EDT
Four walkoff wins last night.
May 18, 2015, 1:13 PM EDT
The fourth overall pick in the 2014 draft is tearing up the Southern League.
Feb 19, 2015, 11:01 PM EDT
Bryant earned top honors after batting .325 with a 1.098 OPS while leading the minors with 43 homers in 138 games between Double-A and Triple-A last season.
Jun 14, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
Oakland has signed first-round pick Addison Russell, with Jim Callis of Baseball America reporting that the high school shortstop from Florida will get the exact slot figure for the No. 11 pick of $2.625 million. Prior to the draft Baseball America ranked Russell as the 28th-best player in the class and ESPN.com rated him 19th.…
Jun 4, 2012, 8:21 PM EDT
No. 11 – Oakland Athletics – high school SS Addison Russell The A’s buck their trend and go with a high school player in the first round for the first time since the Jeremy Bonderman selection had Billy Beane throwing chairs in 2001. Russell projects as a third baseman in the eyes of most, but…
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 56
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)