Jul 25, 2015, 5:53 PM EDT
Cole Hamels is dealing against the Cubs in what could be his final start as a member of the Phillies.
There was a bad call in the Cardinals-Cubs game last night and the current replay system made it possible.
Jul 8, 2015, 8:17 AM EDT
An inexcusable call that was the product of a system that prevents us from second-guessing field umps in far too many situations.
Jul 8, 2015, 7:26 AM EDT
Johnny Cueto could make a huge difference in the second half. Even if it isn’t for the Cincinnati Reds.
Jun 15, 2015, 11:31 AM EDT
It’s a helluva time to be a prospect buff.
Jun 13, 2015, 9:29 PM EDT
Indians prospect Francisco Lindor is getting the call up to the show.
Jun 7, 2015, 8:04 PM EDT
Cubs prospect Javier Baez suffered a fractured left ring finger on Sunday during a Triple-A game.
May 27, 2015, 9:52 AM EDT
It smacked off the new video board at Wrigley Field, depriving the folks on Waveland Avenue of a home run ball.
May 27, 2015, 7:21 AM EDT
Four walkoff wins last night.
May 18, 2015, 1:13 PM EDT
The fourth overall pick in the 2014 draft is tearing up the Southern League.
Feb 19, 2015, 11:01 PM EDT
Bryant earned top honors after batting .325 with a 1.098 OPS while leading the minors with 43 homers in 138 games between Double-A and Triple-A last season.
Jun 14, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
Oakland has signed first-round pick Addison Russell, with Jim Callis of Baseball America reporting that the high school shortstop from Florida will get the exact slot figure for the No. 11 pick of $2.625 million. Prior to the draft Baseball America ranked Russell as the 28th-best player in the class and ESPN.com rated him 19th.…
Jun 4, 2012, 8:21 PM EDT
No. 11 – Oakland Athletics – high school SS Addison Russell The A’s buck their trend and go with a high school player in the first round for the first time since the Jeremy Bonderman selection had Billy Beane throwing chairs in 2001. Russell projects as a third baseman in the eyes of most, but…
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 22
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 40
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 63
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 75
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 91
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)