Apr 25, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
Adrian Beltre humorously sent an invoice to Garrett Richards for the three bats he broke on Friday.
Apr 10, 2015, 6:50 AM EDT
Trevor Bauer struck out eleven, walked five and gave up no hits. In addition he hit the sportswriter, the public address announcer, the bull mascot twice . . .
Apr 2, 2015, 12:15 PM EDT
Will this get worse before it gets better?
Mar 2, 2015, 5:12 PM EDT
Seems a bit light as far as these things go.
Feb 23, 2015, 2:04 PM EDT
Contract extension coming soon?
Feb 22, 2015, 2:47 PM EDT
Daniels said he wants Beltre, who turns 36 years old in early April, to retire as a Ranger.
Nov 6, 2014, 6:01 PM EDT
The Silver Slugger Award is given annually to the top offensive player at each position in both the American League and the National League. Votes are cast by MLB’s coaches and managers.
Nov 4, 2014, 8:29 PM EDT
The 2014 Gold Glove Award winners have been announced. Now you can help determine who wins the 2014 Platinum Glove — given each year (since 2011) to the top defensive player in each league.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 2, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
And we’re all the richer for it.
Sep 29, 2014, 12:40 PM EDT
Trout vs. Martinez? Hernandez vs. Kluber? Here are one person’s picks for MVP, Cy Young and Rookie of the Year.
Sep 26, 2014, 3:49 PM EDT
He was an on-base machine who racked up 2,469 hits with 288 homers and 400 steals.
Sep 26, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
It’s the price you pay for greatness.
Sep 26, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
If someone submitted this script to Screenwriting 101, it’d be rejected as way too on-the-nose. But this ain’t Screenwriting 101. This is baseball. And that kind of stuff just sort of happens in baseball.
Sep 18, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
The only thing more painful than hitting rock bottom is thinking you’ve hit it, only to find out there’s still more room to sink.
Sep 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Carlos Beltran won last year. Who gets it this year?
Sep 8, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
A third of all of yesterday’s games were shutouts. Three dudes had two-homer games. Happy 2014.
Sep 3, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
James Wagner of the Washington Post reports on a cool tradition that has taken hold in the majors
Aug 4, 2014, 4:32 PM EDT
Among all active players only Derek Jeter and Alex Rodriguez have gotten on base more times than Abreu’s career total of 3,973.
Jul 19, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
The Rangers, with baseball’s worst record, are expected to sell off some expendable veterans, but they won’t be getting rid of everybody.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jun 23, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Donaldson leads at his position and Norris and Cespedes are knocking on the door.
Jun 5, 2014, 7:04 AM EDT
The Indians, A’s and Jays are surging. The Yankees, Rays and Braves are reeling. The Padres won a game despite getting only one hit. As Earl Weaver once said: Baseball: we do this every day, lady.
May 31, 2014, 3:10 PM EDT
Anthony Rendon had a heck of a day.
May 24, 2014, 12:02 PM EDT
Don’t touch Adrian Beltre’s head! Actually, keep touching his head. It’s pretty amusing.
- George Springer placed on 7-day concussion disabled list 0
- Video: Joey Votto ejected, bumps umpire 14
- Carlos Rodon to make first MLB start Saturday 1
- Bryce Harper’s underrated day: Three at-bats, three homers 42
- Tigers, doctors clear Justin Verlander to resume throwing 12
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 143
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (143)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (95)