Oct 10, 2014, 6:52 PM EDT
Major League Baseball levied a $5,000 fine to Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina for shoving umpire Jerry Meals in Game 1 of the NLDS.
Oct 7, 2014, 2:02 PM EDT
Clayton Kershaw vs. Shelby Miller.
Oct 6, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
The Dodgers were 0-for-7 with runners in scoring position before Ramirez’s hit.
Oct 6, 2014, 8:47 PM EDT
He will, however, be fined by MLB.
Oct 6, 2014, 5:47 PM EDT
Hyun-Jin Ryu vs. John Lackey.
Oct 5, 2014, 3:35 PM EDT
NLDS Game 2 at Dodger Stadium on Saturday night was free of screaming and shoving, unlike Friday’s Game 1, but heated emotions are still simmering as the best-of-five shifts to Busch Stadium in St. Louis.
Oct 5, 2014, 1:09 AM EDT
The Cardinals and Dodgers traded late homers, but it was Matt Kemp’s solo shot in the bottom of the eighth that allowed the Dodgers to emerge victorious, evening the NLDS at 1-1.
Oct 4, 2014, 10:47 PM EDT
The Dodgers scored a pair of runs in the third inning after benefiting from a reviewed tag play.
Oct 4, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
Yadier Molina shoved home plate umpire Jerry Meals to get closer to Adrian Gonzalez during an argument.
Oct 4, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Lance Lynn opposes Zack Greinke on the mound in Game 2 of the NLDS in Los Angeles.
Oct 4, 2014, 10:19 AM EDT
Things got tense between the Cardinals and Dodgers yesterday.
Oct 3, 2014, 11:17 PM EDT
A rundown of the oddities from Game 1 of the NLDS.
Oct 3, 2014, 10:47 PM EDT
Game 1 of the NLDS went off-script and it turned out to be a fun match-up between bitter playoff rivals.
Oct 3, 2014, 8:24 PM EDT
The Cardinals took an early 1-0 lead in NLDS Game 1, but the Dodgers fought back and scored twice in each of the third and fourth innings.
Oct 3, 2014, 7:43 PM EDT
There’s history dating back to last year’s playoffs.
Oct 3, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Clayton Kershaw vs. Adam Wainwright.
Sep 30, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
You know Kershaw is the Cy Young. Is he the MVP, too?
Sep 29, 2014, 8:59 AM EDT
Let’s meet our ten playoff teams and assess their strengths, weaknesses and overall outlook.
Sep 29, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
All good things must come to an end.
Sep 22, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
The Cubs know they can’t just get by on change-of-scenery guys and sign-and-flip deals.
Sep 14, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
Adrian Gonzalez thinks anyone who doesn’t think Clayton Kershaw is the NL MVP is an “idiot”. He’s not wrong.
Sep 8, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
A third of all of yesterday’s games were shutouts. Three dudes had two-homer games. Happy 2014.
Aug 24, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
The Mets turned a rare 5-4-3-2 triple play against the Dodgers in Sunday afternoon’s game.
Aug 15, 2014, 7:05 AM EDT
Striking out 14 guys and/or scoring seven runs: strongly correlated with winning games.
Aug 8, 2014, 6:23 AM EDT
If you had money on “Shane Greene and Chris Capuano would go back-to-back shutting down the Detroit Tigers in August, keeping the Yankees in the playoff picture,” the casino management would like to have a word with you.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)