Alejandro De Aza
Feb 23, 2015, 10:49 AM EST
It helps that he got $5 million by losing.
Feb 21, 2015, 9:45 PM EST
As usual, teams in general won at a slightly better rate than players in arbitration hearings. 2014 saw the most arbitration hearings since 2001.
Feb 21, 2015, 10:31 AM EST
De Aza will make a $5 million salary in 2015.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EST
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Oct 14, 2014, 5:47 PM EST
Jeremy Guthrie vs. Wei-Yin Chen.
Oct 11, 2014, 1:17 PM EST
Yordano Ventura vs. Bud Norris.
Oct 11, 2014, 1:07 AM EST
So much weirdness packed into 10 innings.
Oct 10, 2014, 10:31 PM EST
The Orioles fell behind 5-1 but a three-run fifth inning helped them pull to within one run of the Royals in Game 1 of the ALCS.
Oct 10, 2014, 9:18 PM EST
The Royals battered Orioles starter Chris Tillman for four runs in the third inning of ALCS Game 1.
Oct 10, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
James Shields vs. Chris Tillman.
Oct 5, 2014, 12:43 PM EST
Here are the starting lineups for Game 3 of the Orioles-Tigers series in Detroit …
Oct 3, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
Four years after driving in 112 runs, Young excels in bench role.
Sep 17, 2014, 7:08 AM EST
Beer showers on the Beltway as the Nats and Orioles both clinch
Sep 10, 2014, 6:50 AM EST
Yusmeiro Petit was a study in efficiency as the Giants solidified their hold on the top wild card slot in the National League and pulled to within two and a half of the Dodgers.
Sep 7, 2014, 9:25 PM EST
David DeJesus was the recipient of a gift inside-the-park home run thanks to two Orioles outfielders in Sunday’s 11-inning loss.
Aug 30, 2014, 10:46 PM EST
Kelly Johnson completes his tour of the AL East as the Orioles acquired him from the Red Sox on Saturday evening.
Aug 30, 2014, 9:29 PM EST
The Orioles acquired outfielder Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox in exchange for a pair of low-level minor league pitchers on Saturday.
Jul 8, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
The trade deadline is rapidly approaching and Rick Hahn already has his poker face on.
Jun 24, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
As far as classic baseball pranks go, it’s a simple one: Put a cup on top of someone’s head without them noticing and then watch them go about their usual business in the dugout while trying not to crack up too much.
Apr 29, 2014, 6:36 AM EST
Sonny Gray, sweeping the clouds away.
Apr 26, 2014, 8:05 AM EST
White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu hit his eighth and ninth home runs against the Rays on Friday, including a walk-off grand slam in the bottom of the ninth. Abreu set a record for home runs in the month of April by a rookie.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 286
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (287)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)