Jun 29, 2015, 7:01 PM EDT
Moore had Tommy John surgery last April.
May 14, 2015, 6:17 PM EDT
Cobb’s season is now officially over and he’ll likely be out of the mix until late in the 2016 season.
May 9, 2015, 9:40 AM EDT
Smyly began the season on the DL with shoulder tendinitis, returning on April 24 to make three starts.
May 8, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
Homer Bailey had Tommy John surgery on Friday, which will likely keep him out until midseason in 2016.
May 8, 2015, 3:49 PM EDT
Cobb posted a sub-3.00 ERA in each of the past two seasons and has a 3.21 ERA in 499 career innings.
May 5, 2015, 6:18 PM EDT
It’s an awful situation for the Rays, who are off to a surprising 14-12 start this season. Cobb, 27, boasts a 2.82 ERA, 1.14 WHIP, and 8.2 K/9 over his last 309 2/3 innings.
May 5, 2015, 1:30 PM EDT
It’s just “informed speculation” at the moment. But the speculator tends to be pretty well-informed.
May 4, 2015, 6:35 PM EDT
Rays right-hander Alex Cobb has been sidelined since the middle of March due to forearm tendinitis and it doesn’t sound like he’ll be back in the near future.
Apr 7, 2015, 10:59 PM EDT
Alex Cobb is beginning to make steady progress in his rehabilitation from right forearm tendinitis.
Apr 4, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
Rays left-hander Drew Smyly is set to begin the season on the disabled list, but he’s making encouraging progress from shoulder inflammation.
Mar 31, 2015, 10:26 PM EDT
As first reported by beat writer Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times, the Rays have acquired right-handed starter Erasmo Ramirez from the Mariners in exchange for left-hander Mike Montgomery.
Mar 31, 2015, 4:42 PM EDT
Why is this man smiling when his team appears to be destined for last place?
Mar 26, 2015, 3:25 PM EDT
Archer will be the first pitcher other than David Price or James Shields to start Opening Day for the Rays since 2007.
Mar 18, 2015, 10:35 PM EDT
Rays right-hander Alex Colome was a late arriver to spring training this year because of visa issues in his native Dominican Republic and then he had to be sent to a local hospital with a case of pneumonia just a few days after unpacking his bags.
Mar 18, 2015, 8:23 AM EDT
The Rays’ rotation is a pretty big mess, you guys.
Mar 17, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
Cobb is being counted on to take over the top spot in Tampa Bay’s rotation.
Mar 4, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Now that David Price is out of the picture the Rays need a new Opening Day starter.
Sep 29, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
All good things must come to an end.
Sep 17, 2014, 8:50 PM EDT
His worst career slump remains 0-for-32 in 2004.
Sep 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
On a somewhat ugly night in Major League Baseball Chris Young plays the hero.
Sep 11, 2014, 10:38 PM EDT
Headley was hit in the mouth by a 98 mph fastball from Jake McGee and will undergo X-rays on his jaw.
Sep 11, 2014, 9:32 PM EDT
Alex Cobb went 7 1/3 innings Thursday before allowing his first hit against the Yankees.
Aug 21, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
One unearned run was all he allowed against his old mates. Tough way to lose.
Jul 30, 2014, 7:24 AM EDT
The Yankees and Rangers gave us a retro night in Arlington.
Jul 24, 2014, 7:01 AM EDT
The Rays stay hot, the Yankees get an assist from Mother Nature and Mike Moustakas showed us how to jar a bar loose from the catcher’s mitt without breaking the home plate collision rules.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 96
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 51
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (105)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)