Mar 26, 2015, 7:59 AM EDT
Alex Gordon still would’ve been out, by the way.
Mar 19, 2015, 6:25 PM EDT
Royals outfielder Alex Gordon has been busy rehabbing his surgically-repaired right wrist this month, but he’s finally nearing his spring debut.
Mar 16, 2015, 8:31 PM EDT
Gordon had right wrist surgery in January, but he’s progressing on schedule.
Feb 24, 2015, 7:31 PM EDT
Royals outfielder Alex Gordon is making steady progress in his recovery from January wrist surgery.
Feb 21, 2015, 11:35 PM EDT
Alex Gordon has a tough decision ahead of him — he has a player option for the 2016 season. If he doesn’t choose to use it, he would become a free agent after this season.
Feb 17, 2015, 10:34 PM EDT
Royals outfielder Alex Gordon needed an extensor retinaculum repair on his right wrist in early January, but he is aiming to be fully recovered by the beginning of the 2015 regular season. And his recovery has gone according to plan thus far.
Feb 13, 2015, 10:28 AM EDT
His performance is sure to raise some eyebrows.
Jan 2, 2015, 6:06 PM EDT
Alex Gordon had wrist surgery earlier this week, but he should be good to go by Opening Day.
Nov 17, 2014, 12:32 PM EDT
Tyrell Jenkins and Jordan Walden, too.
Nov 8, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
This is Molina’s third Platinum Glove Award in the four-year history of the award.
Nov 4, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
The 2014 Rawlings Gold Glove Award recipients are being revealed during an hour-long special airing right now (7:00 p.m. ET) on ESPN2. We will list all of the winners here, position-by-position, as they are announced by the Baseball Tonight crew …
Oct 31, 2014, 1:03 PM EDT
Some random, hypothetical musings on a Friday afternoon.
Oct 30, 2014, 7:24 PM EDT
The Fielding Bible Awards are back. And they have an interesting wrinkle this time around.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:49 PM EDT
A look at the tough calls the Royals will have to make following their World Series run.
Oct 30, 2014, 9:20 AM EDT
There was no bitterness as Royals hitters talked about the mastery of Madison Bumgarner in this World Series.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:11 AM EDT
A breakdown of Alex Gordon’s two-out hit in the bottom of the ninth.
Oct 29, 2014, 11:44 PM EDT
A postseason legend is born
Oct 29, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
Madison Bumgarner gets the win. And becomes a legend.
Oct 29, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Tim Hudson vs. Jeremy Guthrie.
Oct 28, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Jake Peavy vs. Yordano Ventura.
Oct 26, 2014, 3:35 PM EDT
James Shields and Madison Bumgarner square off again, this time in Game 5 of the World Series, which is tied up at 2-2. This is the final game of the series to be played at AT&T Park in San Francisco. The two clubs will travel on Monday for Game 6 (and possibly 7) in Kansas City.
Oct 25, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
The Royals rallied and now lead the Giants 4-1 in Game 4 of the World Series.
Oct 25, 2014, 4:32 PM EDT
Jason Vargas vs. Ryan Vogelsong.
Oct 24, 2014, 11:27 PM EDT
The Royals’ bullpen was solid, allowing only two base runners in four innings to preserve Jeremy Guthrie’s win in Game 3 of the World Series against the Giants.
Oct 24, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
The Royals extended their lead over the Giants to 3-0 thanks to an Alex Gordon RBI double and an Eric Hosmer RBI single in the top of the sixth inning of Game 3 of the World Series.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 9
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 8
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 32
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)