Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 15, 2014, 9:33 PM EST
Pino made 11 starts for the Twins this past season and posted a 5.07 ERA and 50/14 K/BB ratio over 60 1/3 innings.
Dec 15, 2014, 8:13 PM EST
Rios turns 34 in February and batted .280/.311/.398 with four home runs and 54 RBI over 131 games with the Rangers this past season.
Dec 11, 2014, 6:59 PM EST
With a void in right field, many consider the Mariners a natural fit to sign free agent outfielder Melky Cabrera. However, it’s far from a sure thing.
Dec 6, 2014, 11:58 AM EST
Rios turns 34 in February and batted .280/.311/.398 with four home runs, 54 RBI, and 17 stolen bases over 131 games this past season.
Dec 2, 2014, 10:13 AM EST
Hunter makes his offseason home in Texas.
Dec 1, 2014, 10:46 PM EST
The Orioles and Markakis were having serious discussions last month about a four-year deal worth between $10-12 million per season, but little progress has been made since.
Dec 1, 2014, 6:14 PM EST
What a concept.
Nov 4, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
Winters in which the Phillies try to convince people that the old band has one more hit song left in them seem to be a thing of the past.
Nov 1, 2014, 10:01 AM EST
Rios became a free agent for the first time in his career yesterday after the Rangers declined his $13.5 million club option for 2015.
Oct 31, 2014, 4:26 PM EST
Rios is now a free agent coming off a season in which he hit .280 with four homers and a .709 OPS in 131 games.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 8, 2014, 3:40 PM EST
Shocker. His buyout is $1 million.
Sep 21, 2014, 1:53 PM EST
Rangers outfielder Alex Rios hasn’t appeared in a game since September 4 due to a nagging right thumb injury, and he’s not going to be rushed back for the final week.
Sep 18, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
After a strong first half Alex Rios has been injured and ineffective in the second half.
Sep 5, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
Alex Rios is suffering from an infection in his right thumb and will miss at least a week of action.
Aug 18, 2014, 12:20 AM EST
Fresh off of the disabled list, Michael Cuddyer became the first player to hit for the cycle this season in the second game of Sunday’s double-header against the Reds.
Aug 13, 2014, 6:24 PM EST
Alex Rios is back in the Rangers’ starting lineup on Wednesday night against the Rays for the first time since aggravating a right ankle injury on a slide into home plate Sunday afternoon at Minute Maid Park.
Aug 10, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
Alex Rios reaggravated his right ankle injury on a play at the plate in Sunday’s game against the Astros. He’ll be reevaluated on Monday.
Aug 7, 2014, 5:07 PM EST
Now it’s just like July for him and the Rangers: anyone can trade for him.
Jose Bautista, Casey Janssen “frustrated” and “disappointed” by Blue Jays’ lack of trade deadline activity
Aug 1, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Toronto was 38-24 and in first place by six games on June 6, but the Blue Jays have gone 22-26 since then and general manager Alex Anthopoulos did nothing at the trade deadline yesterday.
Jul 31, 2014, 8:10 AM EST
The State of the Trade Deadline, eight hours before the music stops.
Jul 30, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
It’s been a rumor for a good while, but now it’s going where rumors go when they die.
Jul 28, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
With an MLB-worst 41-64 record the Rangers are obviously looking to sell at the trade deadline and right fielder Alex Rios seems likely to be moved before July 31.
Jul 27, 2014, 1:07 PM EST
Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports that the Yankees are eyeing Twins outfielder Josh Willingham, who would require less of a committment in years and money than Alex Rios and Marlon Byrd.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 267
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (267)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)