Sep 21, 2014, 1:53 PM EDT
Rangers outfielder Alex Rios hasn’t appeared in a game since September 4 due to a nagging right thumb injury, and he’s not going to be rushed back for the final week.
Sep 18, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
After a strong first half Alex Rios has been injured and ineffective in the second half.
Sep 5, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
Alex Rios is suffering from an infection in his right thumb and will miss at least a week of action.
Aug 18, 2014, 12:20 AM EDT
Fresh off of the disabled list, Michael Cuddyer became the first player to hit for the cycle this season in the second game of Sunday’s double-header against the Reds.
Aug 13, 2014, 6:24 PM EDT
Alex Rios is back in the Rangers’ starting lineup on Wednesday night against the Rays for the first time since aggravating a right ankle injury on a slide into home plate Sunday afternoon at Minute Maid Park.
Aug 10, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Alex Rios reaggravated his right ankle injury on a play at the plate in Sunday’s game against the Astros. He’ll be reevaluated on Monday.
Aug 7, 2014, 5:07 PM EDT
Now it’s just like July for him and the Rangers: anyone can trade for him.
Jose Bautista, Casey Janssen “frustrated” and “disappointed” by Blue Jays’ lack of trade deadline activity
Aug 1, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Toronto was 38-24 and in first place by six games on June 6, but the Blue Jays have gone 22-26 since then and general manager Alex Anthopoulos did nothing at the trade deadline yesterday.
Jul 31, 2014, 8:10 AM EDT
The State of the Trade Deadline, eight hours before the music stops.
Jul 30, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
It’s been a rumor for a good while, but now it’s going where rumors go when they die.
Jul 28, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
With an MLB-worst 41-64 record the Rangers are obviously looking to sell at the trade deadline and right fielder Alex Rios seems likely to be moved before July 31.
Jul 27, 2014, 1:07 PM EDT
Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports that the Yankees are eyeing Twins outfielder Josh Willingham, who would require less of a committment in years and money than Alex Rios and Marlon Byrd.
Jul 21, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
You could do worse. Like, say, stand pat with the Royals’ offense.
Jul 19, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
The Rangers, with baseball’s worst record, are expected to sell off some expendable veterans, but they won’t be getting rid of everybody.
Jul 19, 2014, 3:02 PM EDT
Rangers outfielder Alex Rios was forced to exit today’s game against the Blue Jays in the first inning after he sprained his right ankle on a swing.
Jul 8, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
The trade deadline is rapidly approaching and Rick Hahn already has his poker face on.
Jul 5, 2014, 11:31 AM EDT
Mets left-hander Jon Niese was forced to leave his start against the Rangers in the first inning last night after he was hit in the left side by a comebacker off the bat of Alex Rios. Fortunately, he managed to avoid a serious injury.
Jun 2, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Feel the excitement.
May 28, 2014, 3:46 PM EDT
It seems like most people don’t realize just how good Carlos Gomez has become.
May 19, 2014, 5:07 AM EDT
Two homers for Alex Gordon, a triple play for the Rockies and another shellacking of a hapless opponent by the Oakland Athletics.
May 10, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
1. Ninety-nine percent of baseball fans believe that ball absolutely should have been caught.
2. Ninety-nine percent of baseball fans believe it should not be ruled an error because neither guy touched the ball.
This is the stupidity of errors in 21st Century America.
May 9, 2014, 10:41 PM EDT
We’ve heard it before, and we’ll certainly continue to hear it: Yu Darvish is working on a no-hitter.
Apr 4, 2014, 9:25 PM EDT
Charlie Blackmon tied a Rockies franchise record with six hits against the Diamondbacks on Friday.
Feb 27, 2014, 2:08 PM EDT
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Chicago White Sox. The Big Question: Can the White Sox rebuild the league’s worst lineup on the fly? Chicago…
Feb 19, 2014, 12:19 PM EDT
Rangers manager Ron Washington already has a lineup and batting order in mind for the regular season and he shared it with reporters today: LF Shin-Soo Choo SS Elvis Andrus 1B Prince Fielder 3B Adrian Beltre RF Alex Rios DH Mitch Moreland C Geovany Soto 2B Jurickson Profar CF Leonys Martin No big surprises, although…
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 42
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 57
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)