Apr 25, 2015, 11:15 AM EDT
Five players were ejected after Thursday’s benches-clearing brawl between the White Sox and Royals, but there was also some drama behind the scenes.
Triples Machine: After a decade in the minors Royals rookie Paulo Orlando is demolishing triples records
Apr 21, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Seven games later he’s made history.
Apr 14, 2015, 11:55 AM EDT
Rios came to the Royals via free agency as the replacement for Norichika Aoki.
Apr 13, 2015, 7:02 AM EDT
Two homers in one game entitles Miguel Cabrera to some flex time.
Apr 7, 2015, 6:20 AM EDT
Opening Day — real Opening Day, not that phony baloney Sunday night rebop — happened yesterday.
Mar 27, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
Alex Rios says he’ll have to manage his thumb injury throughout the duration of the 2015 season.
Mar 19, 2015, 2:28 PM EDT
Why doesn’t anyone believe in the defending American League champions?
Mar 14, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Kris Bryant has been as advertised as we near the midpoint of spring training.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 15, 2014, 9:33 PM EDT
Pino made 11 starts for the Twins this past season and posted a 5.07 ERA and 50/14 K/BB ratio over 60 1/3 innings.
Dec 15, 2014, 8:13 PM EDT
Rios turns 34 in February and batted .280/.311/.398 with four home runs and 54 RBI over 131 games with the Rangers this past season.
Dec 11, 2014, 6:59 PM EDT
With a void in right field, many consider the Mariners a natural fit to sign free agent outfielder Melky Cabrera. However, it’s far from a sure thing.
Dec 6, 2014, 11:58 AM EDT
Rios turns 34 in February and batted .280/.311/.398 with four home runs, 54 RBI, and 17 stolen bases over 131 games this past season.
Dec 2, 2014, 10:13 AM EDT
Hunter makes his offseason home in Texas.
Dec 1, 2014, 10:46 PM EDT
The Orioles and Markakis were having serious discussions last month about a four-year deal worth between $10-12 million per season, but little progress has been made since.
Dec 1, 2014, 6:14 PM EDT
What a concept.
Nov 4, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Winters in which the Phillies try to convince people that the old band has one more hit song left in them seem to be a thing of the past.
Nov 1, 2014, 10:01 AM EDT
Rios became a free agent for the first time in his career yesterday after the Rangers declined his $13.5 million club option for 2015.
Oct 31, 2014, 4:26 PM EDT
Rios is now a free agent coming off a season in which he hit .280 with four homers and a .709 OPS in 131 games.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 8, 2014, 3:40 PM EDT
Shocker. His buyout is $1 million.
Sep 21, 2014, 1:53 PM EDT
Rangers outfielder Alex Rios hasn’t appeared in a game since September 4 due to a nagging right thumb injury, and he’s not going to be rushed back for the final week.
Sep 18, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
After a strong first half Alex Rios has been injured and ineffective in the second half.
Sep 5, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
Alex Rios is suffering from an infection in his right thumb and will miss at least a week of action.
Aug 18, 2014, 12:20 AM EDT
Fresh off of the disabled list, Michael Cuddyer became the first player to hit for the cycle this season in the second game of Sunday’s double-header against the Reds.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 280
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 24
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 32
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (291)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)