Jan 25, 2015, 11:02 AM EST
Another New York Daily News source added that A-Rod is looking “noticeably thinner and massless,” so you get the sense these bits of information — however truthful — definitely aren’t coming from his camp.
Jan 24, 2015, 10:02 AM EST
With Rob Manfred set to take over for Bud Selig as MLB commissioner on Sunday, Alex Rodriguez recently paid him a visit in an attempt to clear the air and turn the page on the drama surrounding the Biogenesis scandal.
Jan 21, 2015, 8:26 AM EST
I really can’t wait to read the angry hot takes about A-Rod and Bonds, but I must at least try to head them off at the pass.
Jan 21, 2015, 12:06 AM EST
To prepare for his return to the Yankees after missing the entire 2014 season while serving out a 162-game PED suspension, Alex Rodriguez has enlisted the help of baseball’s home run king (and central figure of the “steroid era”) — Barry Bonds.
Jan 15, 2015, 11:35 PM EST
The Yankees retained Chase Headley with the intent of using him as their regular third baseman in 2015, but Alex Rodriguez reportedly thinks he can win the job.
Jan 9, 2015, 11:33 AM EST
Inside: the guide to how to take Alex Rodriguez’s deposition.
Professional baseball player excoriated for attempting to get into baseball shape during the offseason
Jan 9, 2015, 9:04 AM EST
Guess which baseball player it is.
Jan 6, 2015, 3:12 PM EST
Too soon? Nah, it’s never too soon for talk about Ken Griffey, Jr.
Dec 29, 2014, 3:32 PM EST
Nomar over Trammell? McGriff and Sheffield over Bagwell and Raines? Lee Smith at all? Take it away Jay Dunn!
Dec 24, 2014, 9:14 AM EST
Dirty secret: baseball isn’t always about winning. Even when the Yankees are involved.
In which someone describes A-Rod, B.J. Upton and Ryan Howard as potential offensive options for a team
Dec 21, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
This needs to happen, people.
Dec 16, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
The Yankees have handled the A-Rod situation about as well as it could possibly be handled. Will the media recognize that, or will it try to create some “A-Rod circus!” storyline?
Dec 15, 2014, 10:55 AM EST
The Yankees get — well, keep — their man.
Dec 9, 2014, 11:18 AM EST
A lost opportunity, really.
Dec 5, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
2014: “Don’t vote for cheaters!” 2011: “Barry Bonds belongs in the Hall of Fame!”
Nov 26, 2014, 4:25 PM EST
Since there’s no such thing as a stupid question …
Nov 17, 2014, 11:29 AM EST
The Stanton deal is huge. But don’t listen to those who claim it is insane.
Nov 15, 2014, 10:00 AM EST
A man who lied about his PED use and then, later, admitted to only what he had been caught red-handed doing says that A-Rod needs to “just get everything out.”
Nov 12, 2014, 8:51 AM EST
He ain’t gonna be the Yankees starting third baseman, that’s for sure.
Nov 11, 2014, 8:26 PM EST
Who might want a designated hitter this winter?
Nov 10, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
How can A-Rod be the Pied Piper of Biogenesis — and get even more punishment than he has already received — if Anthony Bosch was well-known among Latin American ballplayers as long as 14 years ago?
Nov 8, 2014, 1:50 PM EST
It’s unlikely, but MLB could have a case if Rodriguez was involved in distribution of performance-enhancing substances.
Nov 7, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
Won’t somebody think of the children?
Nov 6, 2014, 1:52 PM EST
It’s a shame. Because that rug really tied the room together.
Nov 6, 2014, 8:21 AM EST
No one explains how yesterday changed anything, but boy howdy are they mad!
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)