Sep 13, 2014, 10:20 PM EST
On Saturday night, Ian Desmond became the fourth shortstop to have at least three 20/20 seasons in his career.
Sep 7, 2014, 2:29 PM EST
Look who showed up at Saturday night’s Michigan vs. Notre Dame football game …
Sep 7, 2014, 9:44 AM EST
Watch as Albert Pujols tallies career hit No. 2,500 with this go-ahead two-run double down the left-field line in the top of the ninth inning Saturday night at Minnesota’s Target Field …
Sep 6, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
#2 hitters don’t often accrue 100 RBI, but Mike Trout will accomplish the feat soon.
Sep 5, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
He as over 8,000 followers as I type this. But even if you discount it to, like, 5000 followers, it’s still really impressive.
Sep 4, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
The post-Biogenesis house cleaning of baseball’s Department of Investigations continues.
Sep 3, 2014, 2:11 PM EST
Mantle and Aaron? Williams and Musial? Bonds and Rodriguez?
Aug 30, 2014, 2:07 PM EST
Bryce Harper hit one of six home runs for the Nationals last night in an 8-3 victory over the Mariners. In doing so, he joined some impressive company.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 17, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Alex Rodriguez has been preparing for the 2015 season by working out at the University of Miami and at UCLA in Los Angeles.
Aug 5, 2014, 2:59 PM EST
It may be that the Biogenesis matter was not fully put to rest in 2013.
Aug 5, 2014, 8:53 AM EST
And now MLB has to vouch for Bosch to the DEA per its agreement with him.
Aug 4, 2014, 4:32 PM EST
Among all active players only Derek Jeter and Alex Rodriguez have gotten on base more times than Abreu’s career total of 3,973.
Aug 2, 2014, 5:41 PM EST
Jim Thome officially calls it quits, retiring as a member of the Indians after signing a one-day contract on Saturday. The Indians unveiled a statue in his honor.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 30, 2014, 11:07 AM EST
The Phillies are paying the bills for their dynastic run, thanks in large part to Ruben Amaro’s mismanagement.
Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry
Jul 24, 2014, 8:06 AM EST
It was one moment in a typical benches-clearing brawl, but oh what a moment it was.
Jul 21, 2014, 8:22 AM EST
The Yankees have never once recovered from the end of a Hall of Famer’s career, so it’s utterly impossible to expect that they’ll do it again.
Jul 16, 2014, 12:48 PM EST
As a follow-up to the best player in baseball, Mike Trout, being named the Most Valuable Player of the All-Star game, here’s a numbers-based reminder of how amazing he’s been prior to last night.
Jul 10, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Before you look, guess which year it was. I am somewhat embarrassed to have been a couple of years off.
Major League Baseball issues a statement about the A-Rod therapeutic use exemptions. But questions remain.
Jul 2, 2014, 3:48 PM EST
“Everything has been great since 2008,” the statement basically says. But what about when A-Rod got the therapeutic use exemption for testosterone in 2007?
A-Rod received therapeutic use exemptions for testosterone for several seasons before Biogenesis hit
Jul 2, 2014, 1:29 PM EST
Baseball brought the hammer down on A-Rod for taking testosterone and other PEDs. But baseball allowed A-Rod to use testosterone and other PEDs for several seasons before he turned to Tony Bosch.
Jul 2, 2014, 9:16 AM EST
And the Daily News decides to start a pissing match with me.
May 23, 2014, 12:48 PM EST
Derek Jeter is very, very sure he doesn’t want to become a manager.
May 17, 2014, 2:38 PM EST
Baseball is on pace for more shutouts this year than any season in the history of the game. But the problem isn’t the lack of scoring. It’s the lack of action.
- Blue Jays acquire Josh Donaldson in a trade with the Athletics 40
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)