Mar 11, 2015, 6:29 PM EDT
A-Rod is now batting .455/.538/.818 through five spring games.
Mar 9, 2015, 7:19 AM EDT
The active Home Run King plays a little third base.
Mar 8, 2015, 9:42 AM EDT
It’ll actually be his first time playing third base in a live baseball game since September 10, 2013.
Mar 5, 2015, 5:20 PM EDT
Tony Clark adds that the leaks “are cowardly, undermine the integrity of our collectively bargained agreements and in some instances have been wholly inaccurate.”
Mar 4, 2015, 10:26 PM EDT
Suspending Hamilton for a year would serve no purpose punitive systems are designed to serve. And would most likely not serve Josh Hamilton at all.
Mar 4, 2015, 3:54 PM EDT
A-Rod singled in his first at-bat.
Mar 4, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
Let us applaud one writer’s brave effort to battle the beast that is A-Rod Derangement Syndrome.
Mar 3, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
The Daily News is gonna Daily News
Mar 2, 2015, 6:29 PM EDT
After facing a pitching machine during an intrasquad game today, Alex Rodriguez is ready for his first real-live game action since September of 2013.
Feb 28, 2015, 12:10 PM EDT
Chase Headley is expected to be the team’s regular third baseman this season, so Yankees manager Joe Girardi wants if Rodriguez can be a potential backup to Mark Teixeira.
Feb 26, 2015, 2:06 PM EDT
Shame on A-Rod for making the reporters obsess about him.
Feb 25, 2015, 7:25 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez is due $30 million in marketing bonuses from the Yankees for reaching certain milestone markers between career home runs 660 and 763 — 763 being the all-time home run record.
Feb 25, 2015, 11:54 AM EDT
Either that or teams’ memo distribution system is horribly out of whack.
Feb 25, 2015, 10:35 AM EDT
And he’s not going to sit in judgment of someone. Because he does not believe it is his job to do so. Imagine.
Feb 24, 2015, 4:40 PM EDT
We should probably start a “Dumb A-Rod Quote of the Day” feature around here, because they’re coming every single day.
Feb 23, 2015, 8:29 PM EDT
Because of course.
Feb 23, 2015, 4:52 PM EDT
As if it matters in any way, shape or form.
Feb 23, 2015, 2:37 PM EDT
Because everything he does bothers someone.
Feb 20, 2015, 9:59 AM EDT
I know you’re sick of A-Rod stories, but I’m sorry, when someone refrains from calling him the antichrist, that’s news.
Feb 20, 2015, 8:48 AM EDT
He served his time and is trying to be a better citizen. But he still doesn’t think he endangered anyone by driving 105 m.p.h. on an urban freeway.
Feb 19, 2015, 8:34 AM EDT
At least one columnist thinks that’d have been a good deal. What say you?
Feb 18, 2015, 2:56 PM EDT
I’d never expect a reasoned or measured response from Mike Lupica. But you’d think he’d at least aspire to basic human decency.
Feb 18, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
This defense seems to work for Andy Pettitte when it does not work for any other PED guy.
Feb 18, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
That’s not about cheating in baseball. Not by damn sight.
Feb 18, 2015, 6:47 AM EDT
A newspaper which has won 34 Pulitzer Prizes turns to wholly discredited pseudoscience.
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 1
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 24
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)