Jan 21, 2015, 12:06 AM EDT
To prepare for his return to the Yankees after missing the entire 2014 season while serving out a 162-game PED suspension, Alex Rodriguez has enlisted the help of baseball’s home run king (and central figure of the “steroid era”) — Barry Bonds.
Jan 15, 2015, 11:35 PM EDT
The Yankees retained Chase Headley with the intent of using him as their regular third baseman in 2015, but Alex Rodriguez reportedly thinks he can win the job.
Jan 9, 2015, 11:33 AM EDT
Inside: the guide to how to take Alex Rodriguez’s deposition.
Professional baseball player excoriated for attempting to get into baseball shape during the offseason
Jan 9, 2015, 9:04 AM EDT
Guess which baseball player it is.
Jan 6, 2015, 3:12 PM EDT
Too soon? Nah, it’s never too soon for talk about Ken Griffey, Jr.
Dec 29, 2014, 3:32 PM EDT
Nomar over Trammell? McGriff and Sheffield over Bagwell and Raines? Lee Smith at all? Take it away Jay Dunn!
Dec 24, 2014, 9:14 AM EDT
Dirty secret: baseball isn’t always about winning. Even when the Yankees are involved.
In which someone describes A-Rod, B.J. Upton and Ryan Howard as potential offensive options for a team
Dec 21, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
This needs to happen, people.
Dec 16, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
The Yankees have handled the A-Rod situation about as well as it could possibly be handled. Will the media recognize that, or will it try to create some “A-Rod circus!” storyline?
Dec 15, 2014, 10:55 AM EDT
The Yankees get — well, keep — their man.
Dec 9, 2014, 11:18 AM EDT
A lost opportunity, really.
Dec 5, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
2014: “Don’t vote for cheaters!” 2011: “Barry Bonds belongs in the Hall of Fame!”
Nov 26, 2014, 4:25 PM EDT
Since there’s no such thing as a stupid question …
Nov 17, 2014, 11:29 AM EDT
The Stanton deal is huge. But don’t listen to those who claim it is insane.
Nov 15, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
A man who lied about his PED use and then, later, admitted to only what he had been caught red-handed doing says that A-Rod needs to “just get everything out.”
Nov 12, 2014, 8:51 AM EDT
He ain’t gonna be the Yankees starting third baseman, that’s for sure.
Nov 11, 2014, 8:26 PM EDT
Who might want a designated hitter this winter?
Nov 10, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
How can A-Rod be the Pied Piper of Biogenesis — and get even more punishment than he has already received — if Anthony Bosch was well-known among Latin American ballplayers as long as 14 years ago?
Nov 8, 2014, 1:50 PM EDT
It’s unlikely, but MLB could have a case if Rodriguez was involved in distribution of performance-enhancing substances.
Nov 7, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Won’t somebody think of the children?
Nov 6, 2014, 1:52 PM EDT
It’s a shame. Because that rug really tied the room together.
Nov 6, 2014, 8:21 AM EDT
No one explains how yesterday changed anything, but boy howdy are they mad!
Nov 3, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez allegedly paid his cousin Yuri Sucart nearly $1 million for him to stay silent about his PED use.
Oct 30, 2014, 7:25 AM EDT
History’s Greatest Monsters were happy for different reasons last night.
Oct 14, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
For the first time, the Florida Department of Health investigator who says his case was hindered by MLB speaks.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 30
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)