Apr 17, 2015, 9:17 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez has two home runs on Friday night, leaving him two round-trippers shy of tying Willie Mays for fourth on the all-time home run leaderboard.
Apr 17, 2015, 7:50 PM EDT
A-Rod is now three home runs away from tying Willie Mays for fourth on the all-time home run leaderboard.
The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract
Apr 16, 2015, 11:07 AM EDT
It appears as if Major League Baseball is trying to unilaterally re-write the Joint Drug Agreement. Again.
Apr 15, 2015, 9:15 PM EDT
Watch as Alex Rodriguez takes O’s starter Bud Norris way yard Wednesday night in Baltimore …
Apr 14, 2015, 9:44 AM EDT
For an encore they’re going to prove that black is white and get themselves killed on the next zebra crossing.
Apr 14, 2015, 8:25 AM EDT
One guy draws attention to himself, thinks he’s more important than everyone else and doesn’t follow rules. The other one is the Yankees DH.
Apr 12, 2015, 8:45 PM EDT
Barry Bonds says he’ll celebrate when Alex Rodriguez ties his godfather Willie Mays for fourth place on the all-time home run leaderboard with 660 home runs.
Apr 11, 2015, 1:05 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez will be in an unfamiliar position to start Saturday afternoon’s game against the Red Sox.
Apr 11, 2015, 11:35 AM EDT
The Yankees don’t appear to be backing down from previous threats to take Alex Rodriguez to arbitration over his $30 million marketing agreement, which would pay him $6 million for each of five home run milestones.
Apr 9, 2015, 9:21 PM EDT
It was his first home run since September 20, 2013 and the 655th of his career.
Apr 6, 2015, 2:17 PM EDT
He’s down 5-0 to the Jays early.
Apr 6, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
It’ll be his first regular season game action since September 25, 2013.
Apr 2, 2015, 12:15 PM EDT
Will this get worse before it gets better?
Mar 30, 2015, 10:36 AM EDT
A-Rod’s worst offense yet: not giving the press anything to be offended about.
Mar 28, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
Rodriguez is now batting .306 (11-for-36) with three home runs, a double and a .925 OPS across 15 games this spring.
Mar 27, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
Jeff Francoeur threw out Alex Rodriguez at the plate. It’s 2015, not 2011.
Mar 27, 2015, 2:01 PM EDT
There is only one reason a player should be tested for drugs as often as David Ortiz claims he has been: a previous positive test.
Mar 26, 2015, 9:32 AM EDT
Bonus: A-Rod talks like a scout, and sounds pretty convincing doing it!
Mar 25, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
This could be the worst Yankees team in 25 years. It’s also a team that could sneak up and snag a wild card. With the 2015 Yankees, almost all things are possible. For better or worse.
Mar 25, 2015, 6:56 AM EDT
It’s been a quiet spring for Rodriguez too. And that’s a good thing.
Mar 23, 2015, 9:16 AM EDT
Thus endeth the Biogenesis criminal case
Mar 21, 2015, 8:55 AM EDT
And in perhaps bigger news, the Yankees team Twitter account actually acknowledged it this time.
Mar 12, 2015, 9:37 AM EDT
If an A-Rod hit a home run and no one was there to tweet about it, would it still go over the fence?
Mar 11, 2015, 6:29 PM EDT
A-Rod is now batting .455/.538/.818 through five spring games.
Mar 9, 2015, 7:19 AM EDT
The active Home Run King plays a little third base.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)