Aug 30, 2014, 2:07 PM EST
Bryce Harper hit one of six home runs for the Nationals last night in an 8-3 victory over the Mariners. In doing so, he joined some impressive company.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 17, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Alex Rodriguez has been preparing for the 2015 season by working out at the University of Miami and at UCLA in Los Angeles.
Aug 5, 2014, 2:59 PM EST
It may be that the Biogenesis matter was not fully put to rest in 2013.
Aug 5, 2014, 8:53 AM EST
And now MLB has to vouch for Bosch to the DEA per its agreement with him.
Aug 4, 2014, 4:32 PM EST
Among all active players only Derek Jeter and Alex Rodriguez have gotten on base more times than Abreu’s career total of 3,973.
Aug 2, 2014, 5:41 PM EST
Jim Thome officially calls it quits, retiring as a member of the Indians after signing a one-day contract on Saturday. The Indians unveiled a statue in his honor.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 30, 2014, 11:07 AM EST
The Phillies are paying the bills for their dynastic run, thanks in large part to Ruben Amaro’s mismanagement.
Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry
Jul 24, 2014, 8:06 AM EST
It was one moment in a typical benches-clearing brawl, but oh what a moment it was.
Jul 21, 2014, 8:22 AM EST
The Yankees have never once recovered from the end of a Hall of Famer’s career, so it’s utterly impossible to expect that they’ll do it again.
Jul 16, 2014, 12:48 PM EST
As a follow-up to the best player in baseball, Mike Trout, being named the Most Valuable Player of the All-Star game, here’s a numbers-based reminder of how amazing he’s been prior to last night.
Jul 10, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Before you look, guess which year it was. I am somewhat embarrassed to have been a couple of years off.
Major League Baseball issues a statement about the A-Rod therapeutic use exemptions. But questions remain.
Jul 2, 2014, 3:48 PM EST
“Everything has been great since 2008,” the statement basically says. But what about when A-Rod got the therapeutic use exemption for testosterone in 2007?
A-Rod received therapeutic use exemptions for testosterone for several seasons before Biogenesis hit
Jul 2, 2014, 1:29 PM EST
Baseball brought the hammer down on A-Rod for taking testosterone and other PEDs. But baseball allowed A-Rod to use testosterone and other PEDs for several seasons before he turned to Tony Bosch.
Jul 2, 2014, 9:16 AM EST
And the Daily News decides to start a pissing match with me.
May 23, 2014, 12:48 PM EST
Derek Jeter is very, very sure he doesn’t want to become a manager.
May 17, 2014, 2:38 PM EST
Baseball is on pace for more shutouts this year than any season in the history of the game. But the problem isn’t the lack of scoring. It’s the lack of action.
May 13, 2014, 1:50 PM EST
The Biogenesis nightmare is a magnificent thought puzzle featuring slimy people from all walks of life. If you have a notebook handy, I’ll get you started and you can play along.
May 12, 2014, 7:29 AM EST
Florida investigators warned MLB not to purchase the stolen Biogenesis documents. MLB did it anyway.
May 8, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
I’m starting come around to this “history’s greatest monster” stuff.
May 6, 2014, 10:40 AM EST
Buster Olney pulls out his McCarthy mask and shakes his finger at Melky Cabrera
May 1, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
MLB insisted all along that its investigators acted properly. Now it has fired the leadership of its investigative unit.
Apr 22, 2014, 8:53 PM EST
Albert Pujols hit a three-run shot to left field off Nationals starter Taylor Jordan in the top of the first inning and then crushed a two-run bomb to deep left-center off Jordan in the top of the fifth for the 499th and 500th home runs of his 14-year major league career on Tuesday night in Washington, D.C.
Apr 21, 2014, 12:46 PM EST
You probably know this, but the Kansas City Royals single season home run record is 36, and Steve Balboni set it almost 30 years ago.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 289
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (289)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)