Feb 16, 2015, 12:42 PM EDT
On this date 11 years ago the Rangers traded Alex Rodriguez to the Yankees in exchange for Alfonso Soriano and Joaquin Arias.
Feb 14, 2015, 11:33 AM EDT
Alex Rodriguez met with members of the Yankees braintrust this week in attempt to clear the air for the drama over the past couple of years. Assuming the next step on his make-good campaign is an apology press conference, the Yankees have offered up Yankee Stadium as a venue.
Feb 13, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Andrew McCutchen wrote an excellent article explaining how baseball is disadvantageous to kids from lower-income communities.
Feb 11, 2015, 9:53 AM EDT
The Daily News informs us about the importance of sticking to reality.
Feb 10, 2015, 8:11 PM EDT
Well, that’s what happens when you have two lawyers in the room.
Feb 9, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
With a cameo appearance from Alex Rodriguez!
Feb 4, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
His “good, calming influence” is gone now, they worry.
Jan 26, 2015, 2:42 PM EDT
I’m sure you’ve been worried about whether he would.
Jan 26, 2015, 9:31 AM EDT
Hey guys, if things break just right we may get another A-Rod lawsuit!
Jan 25, 2015, 11:02 AM EDT
Another New York Daily News source added that A-Rod is looking “noticeably thinner and massless,” so you get the sense these bits of information — however truthful — definitely aren’t coming from his camp.
Jan 24, 2015, 10:02 AM EDT
With Rob Manfred set to take over for Bud Selig as MLB commissioner on Sunday, Alex Rodriguez recently paid him a visit in an attempt to clear the air and turn the page on the drama surrounding the Biogenesis scandal.
Jan 21, 2015, 8:26 AM EDT
I really can’t wait to read the angry hot takes about A-Rod and Bonds, but I must at least try to head them off at the pass.
Jan 21, 2015, 12:06 AM EDT
To prepare for his return to the Yankees after missing the entire 2014 season while serving out a 162-game PED suspension, Alex Rodriguez has enlisted the help of baseball’s home run king (and central figure of the “steroid era”) — Barry Bonds.
Jan 15, 2015, 11:35 PM EDT
The Yankees retained Chase Headley with the intent of using him as their regular third baseman in 2015, but Alex Rodriguez reportedly thinks he can win the job.
Jan 9, 2015, 11:33 AM EDT
Inside: the guide to how to take Alex Rodriguez’s deposition.
Professional baseball player excoriated for attempting to get into baseball shape during the offseason
Jan 9, 2015, 9:04 AM EDT
Guess which baseball player it is.
Jan 6, 2015, 3:12 PM EDT
Too soon? Nah, it’s never too soon for talk about Ken Griffey, Jr.
Dec 29, 2014, 3:32 PM EDT
Nomar over Trammell? McGriff and Sheffield over Bagwell and Raines? Lee Smith at all? Take it away Jay Dunn!
Dec 24, 2014, 9:14 AM EDT
Dirty secret: baseball isn’t always about winning. Even when the Yankees are involved.
In which someone describes A-Rod, B.J. Upton and Ryan Howard as potential offensive options for a team
Dec 21, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
This needs to happen, people.
Dec 16, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
The Yankees have handled the A-Rod situation about as well as it could possibly be handled. Will the media recognize that, or will it try to create some “A-Rod circus!” storyline?
Dec 15, 2014, 10:55 AM EDT
The Yankees get — well, keep — their man.
Dec 9, 2014, 11:18 AM EDT
A lost opportunity, really.
Dec 5, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
2014: “Don’t vote for cheaters!” 2011: “Barry Bonds belongs in the Hall of Fame!”
Nov 26, 2014, 4:25 PM EDT
Since there’s no such thing as a stupid question …
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)