Mar 16, 2015, 2:34 PM EDT
Tony Cingrani was very impressive starting games for the Reds as a 23-year-old rookie in 2013.
Mar 16, 2015, 1:14 PM EDT
Can the Tigers win a fifth straight AL Central title?
Mar 5, 2015, 2:52 PM EDT
Chrome. No, not just the trim. The whole dang car is chrome.
Jan 17, 2015, 9:25 AM EDT
The Tigers have been connected to free agent starters Max Scherzer and James Shields.
Dec 31, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
The Reds get a left fielder. The Phillies unload at least part of a contract.
Dec 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
The past view days were . . . intense. But here is a quick and handy guide to everything that went down.
Dec 11, 2014, 1:07 PM EDT
Is anyone chasing Max Scherzer right now?
Dec 11, 2014, 11:49 AM EDT
Cincinnati is open for business.
Dec 11, 2014, 11:01 AM EDT
Latos will be a free agent next offseason and is coming off an injury wrecked year.
Dec 9, 2014, 8:26 PM EDT
This is the first time his name has been mentioned during the hot stove season.
Aug 25, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
The Yankees are, in my view anyway, unlikely to make the playoffs. Yet they refuse, Rasputin-like, to die.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:12 PM EDT
Keeping score in the aftermath of Thursday’s deadline deals.
Jul 13, 2014, 3:42 PM EDT
Tyler Clippard of the Nationals, Alfredo Simon of the Reds, and Tim Hudson of the Giants have been added to the National League roster for Tuesday night’s 2014 MLB All-Star Game in Minneapolis.
Jun 19, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
Moving Simon to the rotation wasn’t a gigantic gamble, but it is one that is paying off quite nicely for the Reds.
Jun 19, 2014, 6:17 AM EDT
Clayton Kershaw was nearly perfect. And, at least by one measure, was better than a lot of guys who have thrown perfect games.
Jun 8, 2014, 3:25 PM EDT
The Reds could get Mat Latos back later this week if all goes well in Monday’s rehab start with Triple-A Louisville.
Jun 8, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Ryne Sandberg doesn’t know what to make of the home plate rules after different umpires have interpreted the rules differently over the course of the season.
May 17, 2014, 7:00 AM EDT
Six shutouts last night. Two of the pitcher variety. Where has all the offense gone?
Apr 24, 2014, 8:32 PM EDT
The alleged incident took place last April while the Reds were in Washington, D.C.
Apr 24, 2014, 7:14 AM EDT
Michael. Hey, Michael. You got a little, um . . . no, the other side. Yeah, good. You got it.
Apr 12, 2014, 10:58 AM EDT
Reds right-hander Mat Latos had another setback in a bullpen session Friday.
Apr 7, 2014, 6:02 AM EDT
Matt Kemp and Hanley Ramirez each went yard twice. And I contemplate the return of the game-winning RBI stat.
Jan 17, 2014, 8:55 PM EDT
The Reds avoided arbitration with starter Mike Leake and relievers Sam LeCure and Alfredo Simon earlier today, but were not able to do so with starter Homer Bailey and flame-throwing closer Aroldis Chapman. As a guest on The C Dot Show earlier, Reds vice president Bob Miller (who handles the arbitration cases for the club)…
Aug 20, 2013, 8:41 PM EDT
Reds starter Tony Cingrani left Tuesday’s game against the Diamondbacks in the top of the fourth inning with what is being called a lower back strain. The 24-year-old left-hander allowed one run on two hits and a walk before being lifted with two outs in the fourth. Alfredo Simon entered in relief. A lower back…
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 2
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 17
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 25
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 43
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)