Apr 20, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
Allen Craig replaced him in left field against the Orioles.
Apr 15, 2015, 7:28 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this one: the Nationals defense stunk.
Apr 9, 2015, 8:58 PM EDT
Kelly came down with biceps tendinitis during a Grapefruit League start on March 16, but he’s now ready to make his season debut.
Apr 2, 2015, 4:16 PM EDT
Castillo and his $72.5 million deal will heads to the minors for now.
Apr 1, 2015, 3:58 PM EDT
Allen Craig hit one today. Yawn.
Mar 20, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Worst to first . . . to worst and back to first?
Jan 22, 2015, 11:31 PM EDT
Victorino was limited to just 30 games last season, so he’s trying to make sure that he’s not a forgotten man going into 2015. Like, really trying…
Jan 22, 2015, 8:57 PM EDT
Craig, who was acquired from the Cardinals last July in the John Lackey deal, batted just .215 with eight home runs and a .594 OPS across 126 games last season.
Dec 18, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
What a difference a day makes.
Dec 17, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
They’re getting lots of calls on him, though.
Dec 14, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Allen Craig had a horrendous 2014 season, batting just .215/.279/.315 with eight home runs and 46 RBI in 126 games between the Cardinals and Red Sox. But he was among the most productive hitters in baseball between 2011-2013 …
Dec 3, 2014, 8:55 PM EDT
At the end of October, the Cardinals exercised a major league-minimum option for 2015 on veteran right-hander John Lackey. Now it sounds like some incentives are going to be added.
Nov 28, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
And he’d like you to tell him who’s a better option.
Nov 27, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
A couple more options have appeared on the Marlins’ radar for an upgrade at first base.
Nov 24, 2014, 6:38 AM EDT
It could happen. It could happen as early as today, folks.
Nov 8, 2014, 4:13 PM EDT
The Red Sox have a logjam of outfielders and most of the trade speculation has centered on Yoenis Cespedes.
Nov 3, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
But the Sox are still probably not too interested
Oct 29, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
Game 7s are often letdowns. But sometimes, they’re magical. What will we get tonight?
Oct 26, 2014, 11:43 PM EDT
One person’s thoughts on the passing of 22-year-old Oscar Taveras.
Oct 19, 2014, 1:24 PM EDT
Boston has an outfield logjam that needs to be addressed this winter.
Sep 29, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
Craig had a season unlike any other first baseman or corner outfielder in 70 years.
Sep 7, 2014, 10:37 AM EDT
Mike Napoli made an early exit from Saturday’s 4-3 win over the Blue Jays after falling ill and is not in the Red Sox starting lineup for Sunday’s series finale. Allen Craig will start at first base and Yoenis Cespedes will DH.
Sep 4, 2014, 3:19 PM EDT
He’s under contract for $5.5 million in 2015, $9 million in 2016, $11 million in 2017, and $13 million or a $1 million buyout in 2018.
Aug 27, 2014, 7:09 AM EDT
I don’t believe in destiny. I don’t believe in fate. I’m even pretty skeptical about momentum and the hot hand. But these Royals are testing my beliefs.
Aug 25, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Oscar Taveras is playing and playing well lately, easing Cardinals fans’ concerns about manager Mike Matheny frequently benching the 22-year-old rookie for lesser talents, and now Matheny is full of praise for the work Taveras has put in to get better.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)