Jan 22, 2015, 11:31 PM EST
Victorino was limited to just 30 games last season, so he’s trying to make sure that he’s not a forgotten man going into 2015. Like, really trying…
Jan 22, 2015, 8:57 PM EST
Craig, who was acquired from the Cardinals last July in the John Lackey deal, batted just .215 with eight home runs and a .594 OPS across 126 games last season.
Dec 18, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
What a difference a day makes.
Dec 17, 2014, 11:15 AM EST
They’re getting lots of calls on him, though.
Dec 14, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
Allen Craig had a horrendous 2014 season, batting just .215/.279/.315 with eight home runs and 46 RBI in 126 games between the Cardinals and Red Sox. But he was among the most productive hitters in baseball between 2011-2013 …
Dec 3, 2014, 8:55 PM EST
At the end of October, the Cardinals exercised a major league-minimum option for 2015 on veteran right-hander John Lackey. Now it sounds like some incentives are going to be added.
Nov 28, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
And he’d like you to tell him who’s a better option.
Nov 27, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
A couple more options have appeared on the Marlins’ radar for an upgrade at first base.
Nov 24, 2014, 6:38 AM EST
It could happen. It could happen as early as today, folks.
Nov 8, 2014, 4:13 PM EST
The Red Sox have a logjam of outfielders and most of the trade speculation has centered on Yoenis Cespedes.
Nov 3, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
But the Sox are still probably not too interested
Oct 29, 2014, 1:20 PM EST
Game 7s are often letdowns. But sometimes, they’re magical. What will we get tonight?
Oct 26, 2014, 11:43 PM EST
One person’s thoughts on the passing of 22-year-old Oscar Taveras.
Oct 19, 2014, 1:24 PM EST
Boston has an outfield logjam that needs to be addressed this winter.
Sep 29, 2014, 4:20 PM EST
Craig had a season unlike any other first baseman or corner outfielder in 70 years.
Sep 7, 2014, 10:37 AM EST
Mike Napoli made an early exit from Saturday’s 4-3 win over the Blue Jays after falling ill and is not in the Red Sox starting lineup for Sunday’s series finale. Allen Craig will start at first base and Yoenis Cespedes will DH.
Sep 4, 2014, 3:19 PM EST
He’s under contract for $5.5 million in 2015, $9 million in 2016, $11 million in 2017, and $13 million or a $1 million buyout in 2018.
Aug 27, 2014, 7:09 AM EST
I don’t believe in destiny. I don’t believe in fate. I’m even pretty skeptical about momentum and the hot hand. But these Royals are testing my beliefs.
Aug 25, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
Oscar Taveras is playing and playing well lately, easing Cardinals fans’ concerns about manager Mike Matheny frequently benching the 22-year-old rookie for lesser talents, and now Matheny is full of praise for the work Taveras has put in to get better.
Aug 22, 2014, 11:01 AM EST
The Red Sox paid a lot of money to get this guy. Expect him in the Sox’ outfield early next season.
Aug 21, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
He hit a combined .312 with an .863 OPS in 328 games for the Cardinals from 2011 to 2013, but Craig’s production has plummeted to a .237 batting average and .639 OPS in 98 total games this season.
Aug 15, 2014, 5:31 PM EST
Shane Robinson over Oscar Taveras?
Aug 10, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
John Lackey called Caleb Joseph’s home run on Saturday — Joseph’s fifth consecutive game with a home run — a “Baltimore home run”, presumably slighting Joseph’s blast because Camden Yards is friendlier to hitters than to pitchers.
Aug 10, 2014, 10:21 AM EST
When outfielder Allen Craig jammed his left foot on the first base bag in his first game since being traded to the Red Sox, there was some speculation that he might be shut down for the remainder of 2014. Craig suffered a left Lisfranc fracture in late 2013 and hasn’t been right since, so calling it quits and aiming for a fresh start in 2015 would make sense. But it doesn’t sound like that’s the plan.
Aug 5, 2014, 1:13 PM EST
Craig logged just four plate appearances for the Red Sox after being acquired from the Cardinals in the deal for John Lackey.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 276
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (276)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)