Jan 4, 2015, 1:25 PM EST
The Orioles have been linked in recent weeks to free agents Colby Rasmus, Norichika Aoki, and Ichiro Suzuki. But trading for a new outfielder is another route being explored by the Baltimore front office.
Dec 8, 2014, 8:48 PM EST
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reported over the weekend that Diamondbacks majority owner Ken Kendrick vetoed a trade that would have sent Dodgers outfielder Andre Ethier, catcher Tim Federowicz, and cash to Arizona for catcher Miguel Montero and multiple lower-level prospects.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Dec 7, 2014, 1:27 PM EST
The Dodgers would have sent Ethier, catcher Tim Federowicz, and money to Arizona for Montero and multiple lower-level prospects. But the majority owner of the Diamondbacks, Ken Kendrick, ruled against the trade because he likes Montero and was not comfortable trading him within the National League West.
Dec 5, 2014, 10:50 AM EST
Ethier is owed $18 million in 2015, $18 million in 2016, $17.5 million in 2017, and $17.5 million or a $2.5 million buyout for 2018.
Nov 16, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The Dodgers are looking to trade one of their outfielders, and it sounds like Andre Ethier is the most likely to go.
Nov 9, 2014, 9:50 PM EST
The Dodgers are looking to move one of Matt Kemp, Carl Crawford, and Andre Ethier.
Oct 10, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
We tend to avoid highlighting dubious rumors around these parts, but since this is the first dubious rumor of the (for most teams) offseason, let’s use it to get our offseason debunking skills back into game shape, shall we?
Oct 7, 2014, 9:39 PM EST
Benching Yasiel Puig in Game 4 didn’t doom the Dodgers, but it probably didn’t help.
Oct 7, 2014, 5:09 PM EST
When you decide to bench your best position player, you had better win, baby. And even that won’t put an end to the questions.
Oct 7, 2014, 2:25 PM EST
Puig out, Ethier in.
Oct 7, 2014, 2:02 PM EST
Clayton Kershaw vs. Shelby Miller.
Oct 3, 2014, 10:47 PM EST
Game 1 of the NLDS went off-script and it turned out to be a fun match-up between bitter playoff rivals.
Sep 19, 2014, 7:17 AM EST
It’s not dark yet for the Brewers, but it’s getting there. It’s absolutely pitch black for the A’s, though.
Sep 11, 2014, 9:02 AM EST
Don Mattingly says he has no better options. The press is not so sure.
Sep 10, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
Would you rather play the slumping superstar or a guy who hasn’t shown a thing all year?
Aug 30, 2014, 11:05 AM EST
And wouldn’t you know it, it worked.
Aug 14, 2014, 2:28 PM EST
Why did Don Mattingly spend two months playing Andre Ethier in center field and Yasiel Puig in right field?
Jul 31, 2014, 10:12 PM EST
Keeping score in the aftermath of Thursday’s deadline deals.
Jul 27, 2014, 2:08 PM EST
The Mariners acquired Kendrys Morales from the Twins on Thursday for right-handed reliever Stephen Pryor, and they’re not done trying to beef up their offense.
Jul 20, 2014, 4:23 PM EST
Yasiel Puig was removed from Saturday’s 4-2 loss to the Cardinals after taking a Joe Kelly pitch off his left hand and will sit out of Sunday night’s series finale in St. Louis.
Jul 10, 2014, 8:10 PM EST
Carl Crawford was the Dodgers’ primary left fielder prior to landing on the disabled list in late May with a left ankle sprain, but now he’s a really expensive bench player.
Jul 9, 2014, 12:46 PM EST
Carl Crawford’s ankle injury led to Matt Kemp coming off the bench and rejoining the Dodgers’ starting lineup, but now that Crawford is ready to return it sounds like he’ll be the one on the bench most days.
Jun 30, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
Just like they did in 2013, the Dodgers have shifted into a higher gear in June.
Jun 30, 2014, 6:23 AM EST
Clayton Kershaw continues to dominate. And the Dodgers find themselves in a virtual tie for first place in the NL West.
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 8
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 15
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)