Nov 16, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The Dodgers are looking to trade one of their outfielders, and it sounds like Andre Ethier is the most likely to go.
Nov 9, 2014, 9:50 PM EST
The Dodgers are looking to move one of Matt Kemp, Carl Crawford, and Andre Ethier.
Oct 10, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
We tend to avoid highlighting dubious rumors around these parts, but since this is the first dubious rumor of the (for most teams) offseason, let’s use it to get our offseason debunking skills back into game shape, shall we?
Oct 7, 2014, 9:39 PM EST
Benching Yasiel Puig in Game 4 didn’t doom the Dodgers, but it probably didn’t help.
Oct 7, 2014, 5:09 PM EST
When you decide to bench your best position player, you had better win, baby. And even that won’t put an end to the questions.
Oct 7, 2014, 2:25 PM EST
Puig out, Ethier in.
Oct 7, 2014, 2:02 PM EST
Clayton Kershaw vs. Shelby Miller.
Oct 3, 2014, 10:47 PM EST
Game 1 of the NLDS went off-script and it turned out to be a fun match-up between bitter playoff rivals.
Sep 19, 2014, 7:17 AM EST
It’s not dark yet for the Brewers, but it’s getting there. It’s absolutely pitch black for the A’s, though.
Sep 11, 2014, 9:02 AM EST
Don Mattingly says he has no better options. The press is not so sure.
Sep 10, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
Would you rather play the slumping superstar or a guy who hasn’t shown a thing all year?
Aug 30, 2014, 11:05 AM EST
And wouldn’t you know it, it worked.
Aug 14, 2014, 2:28 PM EST
Why did Don Mattingly spend two months playing Andre Ethier in center field and Yasiel Puig in right field?
Jul 31, 2014, 10:12 PM EST
Keeping score in the aftermath of Thursday’s deadline deals.
Jul 27, 2014, 2:08 PM EST
The Mariners acquired Kendrys Morales from the Twins on Thursday for right-handed reliever Stephen Pryor, and they’re not done trying to beef up their offense.
Jul 20, 2014, 4:23 PM EST
Yasiel Puig was removed from Saturday’s 4-2 loss to the Cardinals after taking a Joe Kelly pitch off his left hand and will sit out of Sunday night’s series finale in St. Louis.
Jul 10, 2014, 8:10 PM EST
Carl Crawford was the Dodgers’ primary left fielder prior to landing on the disabled list in late May with a left ankle sprain, but now he’s a really expensive bench player.
Jul 9, 2014, 12:46 PM EST
Carl Crawford’s ankle injury led to Matt Kemp coming off the bench and rejoining the Dodgers’ starting lineup, but now that Crawford is ready to return it sounds like he’ll be the one on the bench most days.
Jun 30, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
Just like they did in 2013, the Dodgers have shifted into a higher gear in June.
Jun 30, 2014, 6:23 AM EST
Clayton Kershaw continues to dominate. And the Dodgers find themselves in a virtual tie for first place in the NL West.
Jun 16, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
Carl Crawford was eligible to come off the disabled list last week, but he’s not close to returning from an ankle injury and Steve Dilbeck of the Los Angeles Times writes that the Dodgers outfielder “has hit a roadblock” in his recovery.
Jun 11, 2014, 6:01 AM EST
Collin Cowgill’s walkoff homer in the 14th was something. Yoenis Cespedes’ throw in the eighth was even more something.
Jun 10, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
There’s been lots of talk about the Dodgers having four big-name outfielders for three starting spots, but while everyone debates how manager Don Mattingly should divvy up the playing time among Matt Kemp, Yasiel Puig, Carl Crawford, and Andre Ethier a different outfielder has been the most productive in the bunch.
Jun 3, 2014, 11:17 AM EST
Here’s how much Dodgers manager Don Mattingly is committed to keeping Matt Kemp from playing center field: Not only is Mattingly regularly playing Andre Ethier there despite his clearly being stretched range-wise, yesterday Scott Van Slyke got the nod in center field while Kemp remained in left field.
Jun 2, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Dodgers manager Don Mattingly and outfielder Andre Ethier got into what Steve Dilbeck of the Los Angeles Times described as “a heated dugout argument” during Saturday’s game, but a day later both parties downplayed the incident.
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 112
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 19
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 208
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (208)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)